All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
SYOS

Identify a song with Google Assistant

randulo

Playing alto 25 months
Subscriber
I have a recording of a standard. I knew the name but I was trying to find who was singing it. I looked all over YouTube, guessing who it was, but to no avail.
I tried this Google assistant search:
It came back in a few seconds! Impressive.

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 25 months
Subscriber
Another terrible title. But it's worth trying, I even checked it by singing the first line of "Over the Rainbow". I haven't tried Expressions or Crescent or anything, though >:)

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
Is this any different to apps like Shazam or Sound Hound? The only thing that would stop me using the Google Assistant is that I cannot bring myself to say "OK Google" to my phone..

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 25 months
Subscriber
Is this any different to apps like Shazam or Sound Hound? The only thing that would stop me using the Google Assistant is that I cannot bring myself to say "OK Google" to my phone..
I don't do that, I believe it's not even setup to do it. It's an icon like any other app. I also don't ask by voice unless absolutely necessary, I use the keyboard. What's cool is that it will listen to any song that playing as long as the phone mic can pick it up.

@JayeNM as for Over the Rainbow, I sang it and it came back correct title with a link to that Polynesian fellow singing it with his ukelele, with 5 million+ views.
Screen Shot 2020-02-12 at 18.31.42.png

Halfers

Finger Flapper
Subscriber
I don't do that, I believe it's not even setup to do it. It's an icon like any other app. I also don't ask by voice unless absolutely necessary, I use the keyboard. What's cool is that it will listen to any song that playing as long as the phone mic can pick it up.
Got ya. I misread the 1st instruction on the link as 'and' instead of 'or'

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 25 months
Subscriber
I don't have it on home button either. It's an icon like any other app.

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 25 months
Subscriber
I bought an Amazon FireStick for the TV. It comes with Alexa now. I removed the microphone. I'm really not interested in telling a computer to change channels or turn on the lights.

They say that AI can compose music in the style of Mozart. When AI can be a rhythm section that plays and reacts to what I improvise, I'll call that "intelligence".

However they do the song recognition, it's great though!

JayeNM

Formerly JayePDX
A completely sensible and indeed...sage...bit of reasoning....

OP
randulo

randulo

Playing alto 25 months
Subscriber
We need to be aware of what all this means, it's like a bee sting, you can usually avoid it and still enjoy the picnic. There's privacy panic and there's taking control.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom