support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Ideas for Solos

Two Voices

Locality
United Kingdom
I am trying to compile a tasteful list of solo instrumentals (approximately 60 songs that I can alternate between). I want songs that will appeal to a wide audience that would be instantly recognised. I’m looking for more tasteful background rather than a performance.

I will need the full sheet music along with professional backing CD. So any ideas and where I can get the sheet / CD would be greatly appreciated (I don’t mind having to buy a book to get what I want). I’d like to mix it up a bit between the Soprano, Alto and Tenor.

My list (which will be edited as new songs get added):

1. Lean On Me (Bill Withers) – I have the Alto Version
2. Love Me Tender (Elvis Presley)
3. Careless Whisper (George Michael)
4. ???

Many thanks,

Paul

Last edited by a moderator:
Duane Eddy (guitar) and Jim Horn (sax): - Love Me Tender (Instrumental)

I love this version :D So if I could get something like this would be great!

http://www.greatscores.com/se/p/song/songname/Lean_On_Me/sheetmusic/1059089#sheetmusic

No backing CD. There are backing tracks on Spotify. Buy the tracks, burn the song to a CD. And if you have CD player with key changer you can play in your own favourite key or play it all keys!!

Thomas

Thanks Thomas! I'll take a look at that.

... And if you have CD player with key changer you can play in your own favourite key or play it all keys!!

I didn't know any CD Players could do that. I'll have to have a look for one. Any links to such players would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks Thomas! I'll take a look at that.

I didn't know any CD Players could do that. I'll have to have a look for one. Any links to such players would be greatly appreciated!

I have two. One that I use to a PA. The one I use most of the time is a Philips. I have it in my livingroom so it's easy to use it when I practise/play. Easy to carry with you as well. I bouhgt it for 15 years ago. Nowadays I have better ones.

Thanks Thomas! That would be very useful for all those Concert Pitch Backing Tracks I have - If I get one of these I'll be able to play them with any of my saxophones! :cool:

AudioRetoucher

I have been thinking about getting the AudioRetoucher but a CD Player with a Key Changer would be so much easier!

Main Features:
Support for MP3, WMA and WAV files
Change Speed - filter to change both Speed and Pitch of audio file.
Change Pitch - filter to increase or decrease the Key of an audio file in semitones (from -6 to +6 semitone with 0.1 step) without changing the Tempo.
Change Tempo - filter to increase or decrease the Tempo in percents without changing the Pitch(Key).
Bass Boost - filter to Amplify Low Frequencys of audio file.
Treble Enhancer - filter to Amplify High Frequencys of audio file.
BPM detector - count song's Beats Per Minute.
Super fast processing speed provided as it full supports Intel Core2 Processor and AMD Phenom Processor which ensures full use of your CPU.
Easy to use as all settings are displayed in the interface which are easy to handle.
Lifetime free upgrades
Supported OS: Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2003, Windows Vista

Hi Paul

Have you looked at musicroom.com there are lots of sax books there,some with large numbers of tunes with no backing tracks very cheap and lots of (guest spot) books of various types including backing track cd's a bit dearer,and then they have the REAL BOOKS that you can also buy a range of backing tracks for,...hope this helps you...john

I wrote Nowadays I have better ones. It should be seen in betweeen. I can just write for some minutes. The connection is closing down!

I prefer a CD with key changer. Easy to use and I can spend more time playing instead of using my computer.

Thomas

:shocked: Key changers . . . such luxuries..... some of us have to just work within whatever key the guitarist decided to write in . . . . . . ;}

:shocked: Key changers . . . such luxuries..... some of us have to just work within whatever key the guitarist decided to write in . . . . . . ;}

I love the Rock & Roll keys A and E!! So I prefer these keys!! The tenor and bari sounds good in F# respective C#!

Thomas

I love the Rock & Roll keys A and E!! So I prefer these keys!! The tenor and bari sounds good in F# respective C#!

Thomas

And I'm struggling with Eb.... Hat off to you, I've a lot to learn. I'm really keen to play again, but haven't been able to for a week, cos of a chest infection.

And I'm struggling with Eb.... Hat off to you, I've a lot to learn. I'm really keen to play again, but haven't been able to for a week, cos of a chest infection.

I listen so much to music in these keys, so it's natural for me. Last weekend we played a blues in C. Sounded strange in my ears. I did lots of mistakes.

Hi Paul

Have you looked at musicroom.com there are lots of sax books there,some with large numbers of tunes with no backing tracks very cheap and lots of (guest spot) books of various types including backing track cd's a bit dearer,and then they have the REAL BOOKS that you can also buy a range of backing tracks for,...hope this helps you...john

I have a few Real Books but not the backing tracks (as I have the US Version). Might get the European Version with backing tracks but its knowing what songs I want is the biggest issue. I love playing Chicago but it's not really suited for background music. Most of the songs I've learnt are Swing or Jazz. I suppose what I need is a list of contemporary instrumentals.

Hi Paul,
Have you ever thought about playing by ear? It's not as hard as it sound's and can be very liberating. While your waiting to get your music why don't you try and playalong to the Jim Horn video, take your time get the first couple of notes and you will be off. I used to allways use music until i got fed up constantly carting it round everywhere, that's when i started memorising all the numbers i could play.And thats what started me learning everything by ear. When i get stuck on a tune then i'll try and get the music, sometimes when learning a new tune i might go through 4 or 5 keys till i find one that sound's best to me. Anyway best of luck with your effort's.
Rob.

Have you tried looking here for some inspiration

[video]http://www.youtube.com/user/crazydaisydoo?blend=1&ob=4[/video]

this guy could give you lots of idea's, have a look at the sax he's playing

this guy could give you lots of idea's, have a look at the sax he's playing

Nice clip, John! Not my kind of music really but he does it so well I still enjoyed it. Nice, shiny sax but what else were we supposed to notice about it?

Nice clip, John! Not my kind of music really but he does it so well I still enjoyed it. Nice, shiny sax but what else were we supposed to notice about it?

That's a shame Martin I think this music is great and seems to be the type of music Paul is looking for and he has 80 more recordings on you tube,as for the sax it's probably a yas62 which paul doesn't seem to rate

Hi Paul,
Have you ever thought about playing by ear? It's not as hard as it sound's and can be very liberating. While your waiting to get your music why don't you try and playalong to the Jim Horn video, take your time get the first couple of notes and you will be off. I used to allways use music until i got fed up constantly carting it round everywhere, that's when i started memorising all the numbers i could play.And thats what started me learning everything by ear. When i get stuck on a tune then i'll try and get the music, sometimes when learning a new tune i might go through 4 or 5 keys till i find one that sound's best to me. Anyway best of luck with your effort's.
Rob.

Thanks Rob! I agree about not carting shed loads of sheet music around. So I memorise my tunes but playing by ear is difficult for me as I'm hard of hearing.

Back
Top Bottom