support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

I would have drowned were it not for my horn!

Locality
calderdale, uk
Its been raining a lot around here (calderdale, west yorks, u.k.) and recently my house flooded pretty deep. by holding down a low b flat i was able to use my tenor as a snorkel and paddle to safety. lucky for me my pads were seating pretty good. not any more....

the above paragraph is a none-truth, but i figured you guys wanted interesting titles, and this one needed an explanation.

hello, i'm new, been meaning to sign up for a while, having had the site recommended to me many times by gladsaxisme

i will post more soon, but for now there is more information about me at muscialmechanicaldotcodotuk
please be gentle in your criticism of the website design, cos i made it myself and its my first d.i.y. website.

looking forward to lots of saxophone related banter in the future, many thanks. will

So he's coercing more poor people to sign up.

Thanks for the recruitment drive John! Good to have newbies with a sense of humour here, they need it!

Big welcome from me. Have fun!

Eyup Will
Another tyke! Will be round for the subscription money tomorrow as Commissioner to the Caslm (Midlands and Northern Territories)
and don't be out!
Andy
(Welcome by the way)

Hi Will, just took a look at your site! Very nice, very much like the clean simplistic look, nice and easy to navigate, shame there not more like that.

You seem like a handy fella to know!

Rgds Lee.

Welcome to the caff©, MuMech.

Are you one of those swingers in Hebby or are you a Griff and Stephen looking for yet more business?>:) Whatever,

ENJOY!​™

Welcome to the Café.

Chris..

Welcome to the forum.

We even have a function called "edit" that allows us to fix little errors. Muscial?

About the tenor snorkeling, which end of the horn were you breathing from?

This is why I play a baritone. Although I live at the top of a hill, if flood water was to rise this far, I would simple place the thing upside down on my head forming the perfect "Diving Bell" I'd have to block the tone holes first of course, I mean it would be daft not to!

Welcome to the cafe. Are you as sensible as John?

I would simple place the thing upside down on my head forming the perfect "Diving Bell" I'd have to block the tone holes first of course, I mean it would be daft not to!

My 3 kopek advice:

1- Buy a large bell saxophone
2- Shrink your head (we have a head shrinker on the website now)
3- Practice low Bb (or low A, if you have it) upside down.

OMG...
I can't take any more.....:crying:

(welcome to the site)

Hi Will

Good to have you aboard bout time too,have to say anyone wanting lesson in that area your the man to see,and that goes for your meching skills as well...All the best ...john

ps just thought anybody local stuck for something to do tonight Will is showing his talent at the Lloyds pub in Chorlton,he will be the one with the dripping tenor

Last edited by a moderator:
Its been raining a lot around here (calderdale, west yorks, u.k.) and recently my house flooded pretty deep. by holding down a low b flat i was able to use my tenor as a snorkel and paddle to safety. lucky for me my pads were seating pretty good. not any more....

the above paragraph is a none-truth, but i figured you guys wanted interesting titles, and this one needed an explanation.

hello, i'm new, been meaning to sign up for a while, having had the site recommended to me many times by gladsaxisme

i will post more soon, but for now there is more information about me at muscialmechanicaldotcodotuk
please be gentle in your criticism of the website design, cos i made it myself and its my first d.i.y. website.

looking forward to lots of saxophone related banter in the future, many thanks. will

Hi and welcome to the cafe interesting story re snorkel even though you admitted to it being marginally far fetched. However as regular forum readers know, I am a dedicated disciple of the `National Enquirer.` Motto: ` The truth is not always Out` The following report appeared in the 31 October edition 1988. Premature birth baby saved by inventive use of a baritone saxophone.

A lady resident in a remote part of the Okefenokee Swamp Georgia USA. gave birth to a male baby six weeks prematurely. Luckily her husband was at hand tending his moonshine still.

The immediate problem was that the child needed incubation and the shack they lived in was devoid of electricity.
The husband was a keen amateur baritone sax player so he padded out the bell of said sax and taped down the pads.
The baby was then placed in the bell and a light cling film used to cover the aperture. He then herded Ma and child into his swamp buggy and asked his wife to breathe gently into the mouthpiece of the sax thus creating a source of oxygen and warmth for the 10 mile journey to the nearest hospital.
Ma Pa and child arrived safely at the state medical centre and the staff there applauded the quick thinking of the father which had saved the toddlers life.
The Mother wanted to name the child Barry for obvious reasons. But Okefenokee men are notoriously alpha and Pa insisted the baby boy be named Sue.

Legend has it that a well known vocalist used the name in a song and the Okefenokeen`s used their share of the royalties to move to a more upmarket section of the swamp where they reside happily in a two up two down stilted abode.

Still no electricity though. Now this must be true because the `Enquirer` said so. Regards N.

Hi and welcome to the cafe interesting story re snorkel even though you admitted to it being marginally far fetched. However as regular forum readers know, I am a dedicated disciple of the `National Enquirer.` Motto: ` The truth is not always Out` The following report appeared in the 31 October edition 1988. Premature birth baby saved by inventive use of a baritone saxophone.

A lady resident in a remote part of the Okefenokee Swamp Georgia USA. gave birth to a male baby six weeks prematurely. Luckily her husband was at hand tending his moonshine still.

The immediate problem was that the child needed incubation and the shack they lived in was devoid of electricity.
The husband was a keen amateur baritone sax player so he padded out the bell of said sax and taped down the pads.
The baby was then placed in the bell and a light cling film used to cover the aperture. He then herded Ma and child into his swamp buggy and asked his wife to breathe gently into the mouthpiece of the sax thus creating a source of oxygen and warmth for the 10 mile journey to the nearest hospital.
Ma Pa and child arrived safely at the state medical centre and the staff there applauded the quick thinking of the father which had saved the toddlers life.
The Mother wanted to name the child Barry for obvious reasons. But Okefenokee men are notoriously alpha and Pa insisted the baby boy be named Sue.

Legend has it that a well known vocalist used the name in a song and the Okefenokeen`s used their share of the royalties to move to a more upmarket section of the swamp where they reside happily in a two up two down stilted abode.

Still no electricity though. Now this must be true because the `Enquirer` said so. Regards N.

:)))

Good one. Did you write it yourself?

Yes Kev, I consider myself a reporter without portfolio for that esteemed publication. One has to have a lighter aspect to combat the woes of the world. Have fun Regds N.

Welcome to Saxophoneland Will.
Very creative entrance , the sign of a great musician.
cheers from Down Under
SusieSc

Are you one of those swingers in Hebby or are you a Griff and Stephen looking for yet more business?>:) Whatever,

ENJOY!​™

not quite ... a little village called cornholme, half between todmorden and burnley. dunno about griff and stephen, but always looking for business! what's goin' on with your location? is that near Huddersfield?;}

Hi Will

Good to have you aboard bout time too,have to say anyone wanting lesson in that area your the man to see,and that goes for your meching skills as well...All the best ...john

ps just thought anybody local stuck for something to do tonight Will is showing his talent at the Lloyds pub in Chorlton,he will be the one with the dripping tenor

oh you!
stop it!

Back
Top Bottom