All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

I Won Elkie Tickets !! Yayyyy :)

trimmy

One day i will...
I listen to Smooth radio a lot while at work and have entered a few competitions over the years to win tickets to see artists but have never won any :(
Until today :happydance: just recieved 2 tickets to see Elkie Brooks at Concorde, Altrincham

That'll make Monday a bit more cheerful :)

llamedos

Well done! Hope you enjoy your Monday Date - was that Fats Waller or Louis Armstrong? Sure as hell wasn't Elkie Brooks.

Dave

Young Col

It was Louis, with Earl Hines (who I believe wrote it).
Elkie was, hopefully still is,a great singer. Hope you enjoy it.
You've had more luck than we've had applying for Olympics tickets. Mrs YC and I have worn our fingers out applying on-line!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Another Elkie fan BUT has anyone a large hacksaw or angle grinder as there is a need to see:-

"Sunray waves from the middle of the North Sea."
>:)>:)>:)

Eammon

So Elkie Brooks recently in concert , what an amazing singer. I am from the U.S.A and I am sorry to say she is not American. I feel she would be more appreciated stateside.

Eammon

Lucky you Elkie has a great voice.She is known a the "British Queen of Blues" So deserving.

Sunray

Another Elkie fan BUT has anyone a large hacksaw or angle grinder as there is a need to see:-

"Sunray waves from the middle of the North Sea."
>:)>:)>:)
:))) :thumb:

Wossup OG ... CaSLM can't afford a decent Chainsaw?

Must be getting far less income nowadays ...

Eammon

I like Elkie but I'd give that title to Maggie Bell.
Never heard of Maggie Bell. Was in the U.K recently from the U.S Saw Elkie Brooks in concert, awesome. She has the whole package, Rock, Jazz, Blues.:welldone

trimmy

One day i will...
Well, Elkie didn't dissapoint in fact her voice was excellent :) it wasn't a concert as such but more of a promotion gig as she has just released a new album 'Powerless' and an autobiography 'Finding my voice'.
But considering the tickets were free i can't complain, she still done a 45minute set of new and old tracks and a Q&A session then finished with Lilac wine.
The concorde hanger wasn't the best place to have a concert as planes were flying overhead during the concert, could still hear her powerfull voice but it did become a problem when the Q&A session started it became hard to hear some of her responses.
The sax player Stevie Jones was brilliant had a great tone :) few pics below

Concert under the wings of Concorde

and you can't add pics on a saxophone site without a sax player being in the pic

There are better pictures on Smooth radio site
http://www.smoothradio.co.uk/events...rformances/love-live-music-elkie-brooks/2fab4

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom