Tutorials

I must be getting better ?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
:w00t:

same happened to me - except the dog was my daughter... And even being banished to the cellar with the door closed didn't help. To make things worse, we've had to put up with her efforts to learn the cello.... :shocked:

Keep at it. If you're lucky you'll get words of encouragement from your wife - like "I recognised something..." :)))

Nick Cook

Well, I got some praise from the missus the other week.

Having declined to do a solo at our concert, the wife said I should have as I'm just as good as the other soloists!!!

:thankyou:

half diminished

Mrs hd is not keen. She doesn't mind me practicing but hates listening to 'that stuff you play'. That'd be jazz! :w00t: (well I try at least)

Dogs, both border terries, just look at me and howl soulfully when I play tenor. Not tried them with the sop yet though. It'll probably be even worse.

jonf

It'll get better, and the dog'll probably get used to it. When she was little my eldest was terrified of the sax, now she merrily sings along and wants to learn to play herself. Excellent excuse to buy more saxes.

Jellybabybex

Mrs hd is not keen. She doesn't mind me practicing but hates listening to 'that stuff you play'. That'd be jazz! :w00t: (well I try at least)

Dogs, both border terries, just look at me and howl soulfully when I play tenor. Not tried them with the sop yet though. It'll probably be even worse.
Funnily enough my Akita doesn't like the sax either, he just barks solidly at me until he realises he's not going to win and goes off to hide in his bed... :confused:

dooce

It'll get better, and the dog'll probably get used to it. When she was little my eldest was terrified of the sax, now she merrily sings along and wants to learn to play herself. Excellent excuse to buy more saxes.
Not if it's a dalmatian. I've been playing with Dylan around for 3 years, and the terrified banshee wailing that starts the moment I put a sax (or flute) to my lips has never diminished. I just play at the other end of the house and shut all the doors between us. It does have its comic uses though - I played Happy Birthday on a video we did for a 21st birthday with Dylan howling perfectly in a strange man/dog duet which brings the house down whenever we play it.......

Sue

If at first you don't succeed try try try a Gin
Subscriber
My staffie ignores but the Jack Russell barks along singing happily away but the hoover is a different story. I have to lock him out (JRT) as he chases it and tries to bite it. He also hates the ironing board but I think he gets that from me!

Top Bottom