All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

I love my kids....

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
... no really, I do.

I was practising my sax last night - thrilling stuff, the bass line of Christmas Carols on the baritone (puuum, pum, pum, puuum, pum, pum....)

My daughter decided to practise her clarinet at the same time - something fancy and classical she's doing for grade 4 (I don't do classical and she doesn't do Jazz).

My son suddenly shouts out "I'd far rather listen to her than you, Mum" :)))

Kids are just so honest :crying:

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
My son just tends to go- "Dad, that's rubbish" and then go back to his lego.... but, oddly, both my kids seem to love my musical saw.....

saxplorer

And when your teenage son requests noise-cancelling headphones for Christmas, just to reduce the sound of Dad practicing? ..... sigh, just as well he is family ...

BigMartin

I've heard it said that if you sound good when you're practicing, you're not doing it right.

Last edited by a moderator:

Saxlicker

Watching Snake Davis on the one show the other day my 5 year old girl sat on my lap and said he's not as good as you Daddy!!!!

Bless her!

And Snake, if you happen to read this I am still a fan of yours and my girl even thinks I can sing so she is perhaps not the best judge. Don't give up trying you may convince her one day :)))

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
I also got a good one last night. My oldest, who's a good clarinet player (at least compared to my sax...) commented that I'd controlled the piano upper note in an octave jump up really well.....

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
I've heard it said that if you sound good when you're practicing, you're not doing it right.

That's a relief...I should be excellent on the big day, as it was certainly sounding pretty dire yesterday :)))

Why do I get the lines that require my little fingers to be on almost every paddle?

I'm sure one piece has low C#, B, Bb and then middle G# and Eb, and Bb just for good measure. At least I don't have to hit the LH palm keys very often! :shocked:

old git

Tremendous Bore
... no really, I do.

I was practising my sax last night - thrilling stuff, the bass line of Christmas Carols on the baritone (puuum, pum, pum, puuum, pum, pum....)

My daughter decided to practise her clarinet at the same time - something fancy and classical she's doing for grade 4 (I don't do classical and she doesn't do Jazz).

My son suddenly shouts out "I'd far rather listen to her than you, Mum" :)))

Kids are just so honest :crying:

The CaSLM Boot Camp for kids is recommended by the previous Guantanamo Bay Military Commander.

As it's you, enjoy a ten per cent discount.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Mandy, I love your kids too, and for the following reasons:

A) They don't live in my house.
B) They don't cost me anything.
C) I can't hear them.

Aren't kids great? :veryhappy:

Top Bottom