Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Vetinari

Vetinari

Café Supporter
Locality
East Manchester
[ New ] button has moved overnight. Now only one and it's at top left on my tablet if I expand to full screen or near search button if I reduce window size.

Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
Correct.

The intention is to cut down on stuff that is a sort of DIY customisation and hence make it easier for me to keep the forum from breaking. These things tend to cause trouble after a while especially when wehave to do upgrades from time to time often for security purposes.

By default, the forum software hass no button on desktop browser, just the link under forums

New

So what I did was customise it to make it easier for members to find *there were complaints about two clicks being needed)

When we ran the poll the majority didn't mind as long as it was somewhere so I have been experimenting with locations so it is a good compromise between usability and not breaking the forum too often (which means more work for me).

So please be patient while I experiment with the best way to make everyone happy and not have to keep doing too much work just to keep the forum.

NB: when we had the poll the major response was they didn't mind where it was as long as it is somewhere.

Also, as I said above, I am working towards a new navigation the entire visitor menu (conversation, alert, settings menu) is going to move anyway

Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
[ New ] button has moved overnight. Now only one and it's at top left on my tablet if I expand to full screen or near search button if I reduce window size.

But can you confirm there is always one easily available?

Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
saxyjt

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
Locality
France
So the old New, that was the new New is back! o_O

That's cool. I missed the old New...

Screenshot 2022 05 27 220220

But hey, what's New? :confused2:

nigeld

nigeld

Too many mouthpieces
Café Supporter
Locality
Bristol, UK
Except that new isn't new but latest posts which contains new and what was new.
Yes - the "New" button now shows latest posts rather than new posts, whereas the "New Posts" button shows new posts.

Please can the "New" button just show new posts like it used to do?

saxyjt

saxyjt

Saxus Circus Maximus
Café Supporter
Locality
France
Yes - the "New" button now shows latest posts rather than new posts, whereas the "New Posts" button shows new posts.
Then I personally like the new New.

Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
Sorry about that, it was due to an update something changed and it reverted to the default.

I think it is now fixed

It goes to new posts now

Pete Thomas

Pete Thomas

Commercial Supporter
Locality
St. Mary's
I think it's the same thing though (now we simplified the forum by not having the resource or media sections). But What's new only has 10 and without the Threads below have not been updated since your last visit divider