All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

I hope this doesn't get me in trouble

Jack

a day or two ago some one wanted something to exercise the lower stack of the saxophone and this is a lead sheet that I made for myself and should do the trick. Got it from http://wikifonia.org. IF they can provide it, why can't I?

Last edited by a moderator:

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Sorry Jack, The originals are too new to post and would still be subject to copyright. If wikifonia allow it, it's their risk.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Jack,
Don't worry about Kev, he is actually a nice guy. Bit old but generally well meaning. He is however a Moderator, not in the sense of the Methodist Church, who is by definition helpful but a power crazed psychopath. He is correct about copyright, you get paid for working, so why shouldn't the author of this piece?

Kev,
Does this post get me lead position in "The caff© Kev Abuse 2012 Competition", please?

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Because they're dead?

I don't get paid after I'm dead. Why the hell should they?
Nick, we have to work as best we can within the law. We may not agree with the law, but that's a separate issue. And just because another web site breaks it, doesn't mean we will let it happen here.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Supporter
Because they're dead?

I don't get paid after I'm dead. Why the hell should they?
[FONT=Tahoma, Calibri, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]
Nick, we have to work as best we can within the law. We may not agree with the law, but that's a separate issue. And just because another web site breaks it, doesn't mean we will let it happen here.
This is the truth of the matter. I heartily disagree with much of the copyright laws, although I rely on them for me living as well.

The royalties after death don't go to the composer of course, they go to his/her estate. Many artists struggle to make a living throughout their life and are unable to provide for their families after their death, so in some cases it seems to me to be fair that royalties continue. In other cases it seems not so fair. And is a constant source of argument among music producers, consumers and law makers.[/FONT]

old git

Tremendous Bore
Pete,
Surely you are not suggesting that Sir Harry Webb's estate should not benefit from his work after his demise?

Was going to suggest his repertoire for 24/7 fortissimo muzak in state and private prisons.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Pete,
Surely you are not suggesting that Sir Harry Webb's estate should not benefit from his work after his demise?

Was going to suggest his repertoire for 24/7 fortissimo muzak in state and private prisons.

That's cruel, very cruel. Imagine 'Congratulations' 10 times or more a day....

Might cut the prison population a bit, though. Would make it into a real deterrent for many of us.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom