All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

I have a Bari Sax

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Hi all, I picked up a John Packer 044 Bari Sax today. I have enjoyed playing it, and seem to be getting most of the notes, although my left hand little finger doesn't yet seem long enough to reach low Bflat! But I'm sure it'll come with practice.

It came with a Yamaha 5C mouthpiece as well as the original JP mouthpiece.
Is the Yamaha an OK mouthpiece?

I know it'll take me a while to get a consistant sound, but I'm happy so far.

:welldone :sax:

Pyrografix

Senile Member
Enjoy it!
How does it compare to the Gear4music one you were playing?

I played mine with a 5C in preference to the one which comes with it - suited me fine.

Cheers,

Amanda

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
I have a question - the answer to which, I suspect, will be "lots of practice".
How on earth do you get your left little finger down to play lower B flat on the bari without accidentally lifting all your other left hand fingers off their keys? I can play B and C# and C.
I can play the Bflat if I set myself up for it and just blown, but so far I can't hit it if it occurs in a piece as I just can't stretch that far!

I found I can just about reach if I take my thumb away from the thumb rest. I guess that would work while I am practicing to stretch my little finger!

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Kev, it's just too hot here for Porridge at the mo! :)))

I've just put a BG Super Revelation Lig on the Yamaha 5C mouthpiece, and the tone sounds heaps better, it was oscillating before, and I suspected the reeds wasn't as tight to the mpc as it should be, but the Bflat is still AWOL! :crying:

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom