PPT mouthpieces

Accessories I got a Cebulla Strap!

Gallen

Locality
Montreal, QC, Canada.
Mine arrived in the mail this morning, and just finished my practice session with it. Wow, I can't believe a strap can make so much difference. First, the saxophone feels lighter, and the way the sax hangs just feels more "correct".

Surprisingly, it also opens up the sound. Or so my noobie ears tell me :w00t: I thought it was much easier to work on my intonation with the Cebulla Strap.

Great product, and Johann is a pleasure to do business with. :welldone

Alvin

They are very good, I've got one for my tenor and keep thinking I should get one for the alto.

All the best,

Chris

They are very good, I've got one for my tenor and keep thinking I should get one for the alto.

All the best,

Chris
I use the same one for both instruments - are you sure you'd need another?:confused:

I use the same one for both instruments - are you sure you'd need another?:confused:

I find it convenient to have a strap in each case, otherwise I invariably end up with the strap in the case that's left at home!

The other thing is that my tenor sling is 'medium' in length, this means the adjuster is probably between 1/3 and 1/2 way up, on the alto it's almost at the top which then makes me feel like I'm wearing a tie, and I feel claustrophobic! No kidding, I had to shorten one of my other slings for the alto.

I'm probably just odd, but I don't like things closed around my neck and it's made worse if I'm trying to play a sax.

Best wishes,

Chris

I find it convenient to have a strap in each case, otherwise I invariably end up with the strap in the case that's left at home!

The other thing is that my tenor sling is 'medium' in length, this means the adjuster is probably between 1/3 and 1/2 way up, on the alto it's almost at the top which then makes me feel like I'm wearing a tie, and I feel claustrophobic! No kidding, I had to shorten one of my other slings for the alto.

I'm probably just odd, but I don't like things closed around my neck and it's made worse if I'm trying to play a sax.

Best wishes,

Chris

Same for me, my tenor strap is too long for the alto and when I tried to use it for alto, I nearly strangled myself. My alto strap is too short for the tenor.

Have you tried a moose strap? Even more comfortable, and I prefer that to the cebulla.

on the alto it's almost at the top which then makes me feel like I'm wearing a tie, and I feel claustrophobic! No kidding, I had to shorten one of my other slings for the alto.

Chris

Chris, you're not odd - or maybe we both are!! I also had to shorten my alto sling as otherwise I felt like I was being choked. Maybe we just have short bodies??

:)))

Not sure of best protocol here - should I start a new thread or resurrect an old one? Anyway...

My Cebulla arrived yesterday and I've just put it through its first hour-long practice session. It's the first time I've played the tenor that long and found my lips getting tired before my neck! Admittedly my previous strap was a very cheap one. Johann was very helpful too - replying to all emails within a few hours, even over the weekend. And when I told him a medium length would give me very little margin, he made one just a little longer.

I just got the new Cebulla with extra wide adjuster (have updated my review at http://tamingthesaxophone.com/saxophone-straps.html )

The adjuster holds the cord further apart, and so really means even less pressure at or anywhere near your carotid artery and gives you a real feeling of freedom round your neck. Also adjusts very easily with no slippage.

:thumb:

Do you still have to buy them direct or is there a distributor now?

Do you still have to buy them direct or is there a distributor now?

For UK and Europe it's direct from http://cebulla-saxstrap.de

There was a discount offer for Cafesaxophone members to get together and order a few (three I think) , it would be worth checking with Johann if that is still available if a few of you want to band together.

We are very lucky on our side of the pond to have Just Joe's Gel Strap

According to reviewers on SoTW a little more comfortable than the Cebulla.

http://www.saxophonegelstrap.com/

Looks as if they copied Cebulla's design and put in softer padding. Might not work as well for relief of neck problems.

I find the Koebl Smooth Moose strap more comfortable than the Cebulla. But after playing for a couple of minutes there's no real difference between either - you're not aware of them. Same when I stop playing, there's no difference. However the Koebl doesn't have the pads to relieve the pressure on the spine.

I think the Cebulla is one of those things that initially fells a touch uncomfortable and you're aware it's different, but does the job really well (like a firm, but well designed chair).