All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

I can't get started

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Locality
Manchester,England
Very nicely done Ian.:thumb: You tell us you bought a new mic then don't tell us what it is:doh: >:)
Come on spill the beans.

Chris..

thesaxman71

Very nicely done Ian.:thumb: You tell us you bought a new mic then don't tell us what it is:doh: >:)
Come on spill the beans.

Chris..
thanks for the listen and comment sir!

as for the mic, i might just keep that info to myself for now cos i might also put together a kinda "mic shoot out" as i have maybe 6 mics so i will play the same thing on each mic and upload here on a separate thread for a non bias view on each mic and recording quality, then reveal all at a later time what particular mics were used.

fibracell

Really very good indeed. Lovely melodic lines through the changes that reminds me of Dexter playing ballads.:cool:
Have you done a CD?:)

thesaxman71

Really very good indeed. Lovely melodic lines through the changes that reminds me of Dexter playing ballads.:cool:
Have you done a CD?:)
hi
very flattering comment, respect to you, i am just "doing my thing" i guess, i just really love playing the saxophone.
as for CD that is a long term project, i am to make a whole load of recordings then filter them down then re record them selected again, i am actually thinking to do a ballads CD too as well as a mixed bag of stuff CD.

Reactions: Taz

Taz

Busking Oracle
Locality
Rugby UK
By 15 seconds I knew that I was going to like this piece!. It has a very simple backing that just sits in the background and allows you to waft that tenor around the tune like a graceful ballerina, effortless, smooth and beautiful!

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
I really loved everything about that - the beautiful modern tone, the ideas, the backing and the quality of the recording.

Give us more !

Rhys

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
i am actually thinking to do a ballads CD too as well as a mixed bag of stuff CD.

Put me down for a ballad CD;)

By 15 seconds I knew that I was going to like this piece!. It has a very simple backing that just sits in the background and allows you to waft that tenor around the tune like a graceful ballerina, effortless, smooth and beautiful!

Just what Taz said, lovely relaxed piece thanks for posting Ian :)

Jx

thesaxman71

Put me down for a ballad CD;)

Just what Taz said, lovely relaxed piece thanks for posting Ian :)

Jx
I will message you when i have done the ballads and send a link :)

to all who comment -----> A HUGE thanks to you, i feel very flattered with the comments and inspired as i am just doing my thing as i really just have a passion for saxophone playing and just trying to translate that in my playing too.

thesaxman71

respect to you, thanks.

how did you know i wore a tu-tu when i record, maaaan my secret is out ;)

thesaxman71

I really loved everything about that - the beautiful modern tone, the ideas, the backing and the quality of the recording.

Give us more !

Rhys
again another big thank you, a very inspiring comment..

the recording quality i am working on and trying to make better all the time, (same as in the sax playing, non stop journey) i just spent a few days grafting and building and totally revamped my home studio and to me it has been worth it, it just feels cleaner sounding and more natural with the new mic and sound booth.

more to follow sir :)

Reactions: Taz

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
Love it Ian, all that graft paid off. Sounds fantastic :)

daveysaxboy

Big ruff Geordie bendy metal blower
As said on the other forum you sound very happy in your all new combos. Enjoyed hearing you much more chilled and laid back. All very good stuff dude.

thesaxman71

As said on the other forum you sound very happy in your all new combos. Enjoyed hearing you much more chilled and laid back. All very good stuff dude.
cheers mister! stripped back playing is loadsa fun, but i will leave "my kit" on as i would scare the wolves here!:rofl:

ArtyLady

Locality
Essex
Fab sound Ian - very much the tone and style I'm aiming for, very contemporary - loving this over a standard (I find it difficult not to fall into very old fashioned style o_O when I play standards! ) I don't know much about mics as you know :confused2: but sounds really good to me! :thumb:

Members online

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom