All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hyperspace, Hyper Threading, Hello or maybe just Hype

Casual Son

Hello!

Not sure what the Doorbell Protocol is other than I guess press and release and await response. I followed a link from eBay to find you call here in the Coffee Shop with a question about a Vintage Sax. My post seems to have gone into Hyperspace but there was a brief flash of a message about moderators and stuff so hopefully it will appear before the door bell's last ring has echoed down the hallway.

So far I'm impressed though and any website that smells like coffee has got to be good in my book because it probably means that chocolate cake is not far behind that.

I'm hoping my profile which I can't see tells you all you need to know about me and my band. Looking forward to hearing the expert views on my Vintage equipment ( although I have a more modern peice for gigs).

Casual Son

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi, big welcome from me. Have fun.

I think Pete did the necessary earlier today, so you should be able to see both your posts and the profile page now. Please let us know if there's still a problem.

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Casual Son

Welcome from Manchester

john

Last edited by a moderator:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi Casual Son

the only protocol to be followed is to find the human bean in the wallpaper

good luck

john

Last edited by a moderator:

Casual Son

Thank you for all the responses. I have a Yamaha 475 that I bought about 5 years ago. I'd love to upgrade at some point but I guess it works just fine at the moment for the sort of gigs I'm doing. Someone once commented that from the tone that it must be a Selmer at one gig but he was probably drunk and at the back of the pub ;-). A friend at work let me have a feel of his Selmer something or other and our orginal Sax player in the band let me have a go on his Yamaha YAS62 and I remember the notes falling out of that one. I have an SD systems mic, a Carlsboro PM12 floor monitor and I get to the gigs in a W reg Mondeo with 282,000 miles on the clock so I can safely say that I play a sax that is worth more than my car :)

johnboy

Hi Tim,
Welcome aboard, dive in and enjoy the fun.
Is that a bell mic. you are using, and if so how are you controlling the volume?

John.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom