Recording How to upload recordings to soundcloud

OP
N

Nikki

Formerly SaxyNikki
Subscriber
Locality
Canada
Anyway, I didn’t realize I sounded like a duck until I started recording myself.
Yep. I sound very duck like.:eek:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Anyway, I didn’t realize I sounded like a duck until I started recording myself.
Recording is a dark art!

A new skill to be mastered but all part of the fun :)

Jx

OP
N

Nikki

Formerly SaxyNikki
Subscriber
Locality
Canada
Recording is a dark art!

A new skill to be mastered but all part of the fun :)

Jx
True. I need to learn patience and acceptance which is all part of the journey. I think I expect too much. It’s a good lesson to learn though. :)

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Locality
Bristol, UK
If you are using GarageBand then you can upload directly to Soundcloud - it's one of the Share options.

CliveMA

Locality
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
Where was the mike relative to the soprano sax? Duck-like is emphasised if the mike is close to the bell. Put the mike at the same level as left hand G key for a more pure classical sound.

OP
N

Nikki

Formerly SaxyNikki
Subscriber
Locality
Canada
Where was the mike relative to the soprano sax? Duck-like is emphasised if the mike is close to the bell. Put the mike at the same level as left hand G key for a more pure classical sound.
Ohhhh. I’m hoping it’s a technical issue cause I’m not too fond of sounded duck like. Here I’m playing ballads trying to be all romantic like sounding like a duck. :rofl: I’ve also got a speaker going with the backtrack and I’m not too sure where to place it. I’ll have to keep experimenting with it. I did happen to record almost two hours of me doing dishes, vacuuming and talking with the dogs. A mistake. It was an amusing afternoon.:w00t:

CliveMA

Locality
Brisbane, QLD, Australia
I did happen to record almost two hours of me doing dishes, vacuuming and talking with the dogs. it was an amusing afternoon.:w00t:
A "modern" musical arrangement. And on percussion we have "the dishes", on bass, a high-pitched didgeridoo "vacuuming", and our rap today is entitled "talking with the dogs (like cool cats only not as cool)." :cheers:

OP
N

Nikki

Formerly SaxyNikki
Subscriber
Locality
Canada
Hahaha. It WAS pretty funny. Maybe I should stick to comedy. I’m not using an external microphone. I’m using an iPad and not even sure which end it’s in. Plus I’m playing a straight soprano so am sitting pointing the bell to the side I think is recording. If that’s what makes a duck sound then I nailed it. :popcorn:

OP
N

Nikki

Formerly SaxyNikki
Subscriber
Locality
Canada
After days of recording stuff I finally got a track I was happy with only to discover that I have to pay to do anything with it. I’m so annoyed. :oops::old:

OP
N

Nikki

Formerly SaxyNikki
Subscriber
Locality
Canada
If you are using GarageBand then you can upload directly to Soundcloud - it's one of the Share options.
Time to figure out how to use garage bands microphone and stuff. I’m so frustrated. I dislike learning computer so much :confused:
Thanks. Time to go through the garage band tutorial again.

OP
N

Nikki

Formerly SaxyNikki
Subscriber
Locality
Canada
Pay who?

Jx
I can’t figure out how to use garage band on my iPad so I followed a tutorial on how to record and it said to pic a free microphone for recording on my iPad so I did. For the last 3 or 4 days I’ve been recording stuff. Finally I got some recordings I was happy with and wanted to put them on soundcloud and it wouldn’t let me do a thing with it without paying a free. I think I’m going to take my iPad Pro back and get an MacBook Air instead. That way I can have a mouse and curser and follow a tutorial that I can understand. I’m so frustrated.

Thanks all the same. I’m technically challenged.

nigeld

Subscriber
Locality
Bristol, UK
I have tried to use Garageband on an iPad and it was painful. It’s much easier on a Macintosh.

But I don’t understand why SoundCloud insisted that you pay. It used to be free to start with.
There are other websites where you can upload music. I use SoundCloud because it is so easy to upload tracks from GarageBand and because it fits well with the Café software.

OP
N

Nikki

Formerly SaxyNikki
Subscriber
Locality
Canada
I have tried to use Garageband on an iPad and it was painful. It’s much easier on a Macintosh.

But I don’t understand why SoundCloud insisted that you pay. It used to be free to start with.
There are other websites where you can upload music. I use SoundCloud because it is so easy to upload tracks from GarageBand and because it fits well with the Café software.
Really? I guess that’s why you suggested a mackbook instead of iPad.
It wasn’t SoundCloud who was asking for money. It was this microphone application that I used. Apparently you can record as many things as you want on your computer. You just can’t share them or do anything with them without paying. I think I’m taking my iPad Pro back. It’s too frustrating for me to learn on. If I got a MacBook with a mouse and curser then I could follow your tutorial. I even purchased a course on how to learn garage band but couldn’t use it because it wasn’t for iPad. Here’s what I got when I went to upload my recordings. The little red tags are what you can do if you upgrade and spend extra money on a contract ( which I don’t want)
0FA0D116-42C8-482A-B1C9-B75C26EC6FD6.jpeg

nigeld

Subscriber
Locality
Bristol, UK
Ah. Sorry - I misunderstood.

That’s sometimes the problem with “free” apps - they are only free as long as you don’t want to do anything useful.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom
test6