Tutorials
Resource icon

How to find and download backing tracks

Taz

Busking Oracle
Taz submitted a new resource:

How to find and download backing tracks - For people who aren't computer wizards

Hi all, it occurred to me, after a conversation with another forum member, that we are not all computer and internet wizards. Some of us find it easier to find and manage internet resources than others do. So I thought I would do another photo guide.
This is for people who would like to find and download backing tracks that they like.
First of all you will need some software to download the MP3 file (sound file) that you'd like. I use DVDVIDEOSOFT.COM when you go to their page you will need...
Read more about this resource...

Philly123

Thanks, that's really helpful. I've often though that there must be a way to do this sort of thing but have never been able to work out how.

Reactions: Taz
OP
Taz

Taz

Busking Oracle
Phill, there are so many ways to find good quality tracks, this is just one way that I use. I'm hoping that other people will add their favourite backing track sites, whether they be free or paid for.

Philly123

I just tried this out and it worked really well. Just downloaded some tracks which I hope might help me in learning a couple of ensemble style songs for my workshop next week.

Thanks again Taz.

Reactions: Taz

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Thanks Taz for this useful guide, but I'd like to point out to anyone posting in this discussion and adding links that many sites that offer free downloads are illegal sites offering copyright material. before posting any links could you please make sure that the sites you link to here are only offering music legally.

OP
Taz

Taz

Busking Oracle
Sorry Pete I should have mentioned that! There are loads, and I mean loads of Youtube backing tracks that the composers have put up themselves and they have added their permission for people to use, these are the ones you should be looking for. Especially if you are going to use them in public.

siramazing

Ok, so I downloaded the backing tracks titled Backing Tracks-01, and extracted them and they are playable on Windows media player. Question is, are the lead sheets available on the forum, and if not, where can I find them? Obviously, to be of use, the lead sheets would, hopefully, be in the same key as the backing tracks were recorded.

Thanks, I am new to the forum and enjoying it immensely. I am going to check out a subscription to the forum.

siramazing

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Question is, are the lead sheets available on the forum, and if not, where can I find them? Obviously, to be of use, the lead sheets would, hopefully, be in the same key as the backing tracks were recorded.
Generally not here. And we're strict about copyright.

Lead sheets need to match backing tracks, not only for the key of the backing track, but also the key of the instrument, range of the instrument and how the backing track is arranged. The real book series are legit and reasonably priced, backing tracks are available on CD.

MandyH

Sax-Mad fiend!
Subscriber
Generally not here. And we're strict about copyright.

Lead sheets need to match backing tracks, not only for the key of the backing track, but also the key of the instrument, range of the instrument and how the backing track is arranged. The real book series are legit and reasonably priced, backing tracks are available on CD.
Backing tracks for the Real Books are also available on the IRealPro app for smartphones. It costs a few pounds, I think. And you can use the app to create your own backing tracks too.

Pete Thomas

Chief of Stuff
Commercial Café Supporter
Ok, so I downloaded the backing tracks titled Backing Tracks-01, and extracted them and they are playable on Windows media player. Question is, are the lead sheets available on the forum, and if not, where can I find them?
If you let us know which tracks they are and where they came from, we can probably help.

siramazing

I will follow up on this. I need to do some research to be able to use the downloads, since I need to be able to convert the downloads with dbpoweramp, to enable me to run the files through my stereo. Kevgermany, where can I get the cd's?

Top Bottom