support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
  • All posts re: Fake (counterfeit) saxophones and scams are now in their own subforum here:

Fakes and Scams

Saxophones How much is my Revolution II sax worth?

Katie Husband

So hi

I've recently bought a second hand Trevor James Revolution II tenor sax. It's black and gold in colour. I know the model isn't made any more but I want to insure it. I paid £475 for it second hand which is a good deal but what should I be estimating as it's worth?

Thanks

Katie

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Café Supporter
Locality
Just north of Munich
If you're looking for a replace with new type of policy, then check the current price of a similar current model. Otherwise try getting an insurance valuation. Curly woodwind in Liverpool shouldn't be too far away and can probably help. Remember to allow for future price increases.

jonf

Locality
Betelgeuse
If it's a replacement with new the current new price would be about £830 for the equivalent new one. If it's a straight reimbursement, somewhere above £500 would be about right. What you need to bear in mind with a valuation is that you should never go for the lower cost saxes sometimes sell for on eBay and the like. In a theft or total loss situation you need to bear in mind what you would have to pay to be sure of getting a replacement of equivalent quality, as opposed to what you might get lucky paying. In reality this usually means a replacement from a shop rather than a private seller, and the insurance valuation should reflect that. In a reputable shop, a used Rev II tenor in great condition would be likely to be about £600.

Top Bottom