All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians

Misc, Other How many of these have you played?

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Beautiful Springville, Utah USA
Great humor. "The Lone Arranger Goes Mad" is a delightful piece to listen to and would certainly be a fun piece to perform. Shall we see how many of the tunes we can name?

PaulM

Locality
West Berks
Shall we see how many of the tunes we can name?

What a good idea. I'll just mention one - not sure if you have morris dancing on your side of the pond John, but there is a brief snippet from the Floral Dance. I recognised this straight away as it's a party piece I play as a duet with the lovely Mrs M. on piano when someone asks us to play something for them.

rhysonsax

Café Supporter
Locality
Surrey, UK
Maybe we should do one each, so we're not too greedy ?

Camptown Races

Rhys

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen

Justin Chune

Locality
The Athens of The North
I've played this a few times with the sax choir. Great fun and I'm going to run it with the quartet when we meet up.

Jim.

kernewegor

Bon vivant, raconteur and twit
Locality
cocks hill perranporth KERNOW
What a good idea. I'll just mention one - not sure if you have morris dancing on your side of the pond John, but there is a brief snippet from the Floral Dance. I recognised this straight away as it's a party piece I play as a duet with the lovely Mrs M. on piano when someone asks us to play something for them.

The Floral Dance (sic) (aka the Flora Dance, but really Helston Furry Dance...) is NOT a Morris dance.

Yer 'tiz:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kSnCRKMh0Fs

jbtsax

Café Supporter
Locality
What is the name of the tune at 0:38? I am familiar with the melody, but don't know the name. Is it British or Scottish?

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Café Supporter
Locality
The Millenium Falcon
Played this with a quartet and met myself coming back. Saw a group of kids do it at Harrogate Music Festival and it was flawless. Thanks for sharing

Popular Discussions

London
Paris
New York
Los Angeles
Sydney
Moscow
New Delhi
Top Bottom