All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

How is everyone?

I've been away. Too shy to be here really. Seems to be lack of confidence. But I've had a coffee, and my God, nothing can stop me now!

So, how have you lot been?

From Fi. x

ArtyLady

I've been away. Too shy to be here really. Seems to be lack of confidence. But I've had a coffee, and my God, nothing can stop me now!

So, how have you lot been?

From Fi. x
Hiya Fi, don't worry - we all have to start somewhere, the sax takes a bit of time to establish but you'll get there with plenty of practice!

I'm pretty shattered after gig friday and rehearsal with band no.2 this morning (urgh Sunday morning what a time for a rehearsal :shocked:)

Arty :thumb:

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
I'm good apart from toothache thank you. No need to be shy, you will always get a warm welcome here:)

How are the lessons going, looked at your website and you seem to be doing ok.

Jx

Yes, the lessons are going really well thank you. As you've probably read, I'm studying Adele at the moment.

Ouch, has that hampered your playing? Hope your tooth gets better soon. :)

Well done! Did you have fun? Oooh, band 2! You're well sought after then? :)

Mornings are bad... Bad mornings! Grrr.

I've finally got my head around time signatures! Now onto harmonic/melodic scales - I can never seem to remember what notes to raise... Probably because I don't understand why they need to be raised...

Thanks for the reply Arty. :D

ArtyLady

Well done! Did you have fun? Oooh, band 2! You're well sought after then? :)

Mornings are bad... Bad mornings! Grrr.

I've finally got my head around time signatures! Now onto harmonic/melodic scales - I can never seem to remember what notes to raise... Probably because I don't understand why they need to be raised...

Thanks for the reply Arty. :D
Yes thanks the gig was great, but 10 am on a Sunday really is "stupid o'clock" ! ;}

All the different minor scales can be confusing - I tend to leave melodic minor scales out (unless a student is learning classical music) and just teach harmonic and dorian minors - they come up more often in pop/jazz etc and are very useful for improvising :thumb:

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Had a busy couple of weeks music wise.

Rehearsals with both choirs are in full swing for next concerts. Chamber choir is doing Bach Magnificat at a concert with orchestra on Jubilee weekend (we will be doing Parry I was Glad as well, and the orchestra is doing the Mozart Gran Partita). Choral society is preparing two works by Mozart. I depped in a chamber choir for the services at Bangor cathedral last weekend.

Orchestra yesterday morning (sax for hour and a quarter at the beginners' orchestra and then cello with the main orchestra for 2.5 hours).

Had my first tutored string quartet session in the afternoon.

For some reason I'm tired today :shocked:

old git

Tremendous Bore
Reached the Free TV Licence age, yet still missed you Fiona.

A little worried in case I'm developing a Compo/Nora Batty relationship. Please note I am not suggesting Fiona has wrinkled stockings or resembles Nora in any way.>:)

TomMapfumo

Been a slightly crazy month by yer, mind!

Had the birthdays of all other family members in six weeks and 22nd wedding anniversary - wife (50), daughter 1 (20), daughter 2 (17), daughter 3 (11). Saw Robin Williamson live at Laugharne Festival & Catrin Finch in Taliesin, Swansea. Had bathroom and kitchen redecorated, and even managed to play my Alto and Tenor saxes, when not working or walking the dog.

My eldest daughter plays Adele regularly when home from uni (vocal/guitar).
Glad to hear from you - will have to check your blog etc.!

Lots of love
Tom:thumb:

Reached the Free TV Licence age, yet still missed you Fiona.

A little worried in case I'm developing a Compo/Nora Batty relationship. Please note I am not suggesting Fiona has wrinkled stockings or resembles Nora in any way.>:)
Oh dear... and who is this 'Nora' anyway? :p

Been a slightly crazy month by yer, mind!

Had the birthdays of all other family members in six weeks and 22nd wedding anniversary - wife (50), daughter 1 (20), daughter 2 (17), daughter 3 (11). Saw Robin Williamson live at Laugharne Festival & Catrin Finch in Taliesin, Swansea. Had bathroom and kitchen redecorated, and even managed to play my Alto and Tenor saxes, when not working or walking the dog.

My eldest daughter plays Adele regularly when home from uni (vocal/guitar).
Glad to hear from you - will have to check your blog etc.!

Lots of love
Tom:thumb:
Blimey, you've been very busy! You mention birthdays, I had a good one and my fiancé's birthday was 6 days after mine. He truly spoilt me. Teehee. :)

Take care. :D

Tenorviol,

Brilliant job. :D Would love to join a band/small orchestra in the future! Awh well, have some caffeine then. It comes in many forms y'know. :p

Young Col

Well now....been playing in my sax ensemble, took a music exam (at an advanced age), played with some electronics/radio, had a birthday, pumped the excess pond water away to save the fish swimming on the lawn after the rain, and today Mrs YC and I had a quick trip to Wisley garden for a wander round. Oh, and for coffee, a caff visit to meet OG and Jon F last week. Well it keeps you away from reality...

old git

Tremendous Bore
Very witty post TV but you can't expect Kev to appreciate it. He's gone native.>:)

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom