PPT mouthpieces

How about this for the price of a cup of coffee.

navarro

Locality
LONDON
The Ignite cafe within the Royal Albert Hall. Last Friday lunchtime on the advice of a friend I went to a gig performed by the virtuoso guitarist John Etheridge.

I`m not normally a fan of solo guitar but this gentleman played a range within the style of Wes Montgomery to Django Reinhardt plus some ultra modern electronic guitar music which was amazing. Goodbye Pork Pie Hat, Round Midnight etc. Then in the style of Django, Minor Swing, Daphne and so on. All this interspersed with frivolous banter. What an hour and a half of sheer pleasure including a cup of good coffee. Well done R.A.H. Regds. N.

Sounds like a lovely experience for you. Puts me in mind of a concert I went to at the Laugharne festival in May 2012, when Robin Williamson did a solo perfarmance on celtic harp and guitar in the Congregational Chapel. Lots of great banter, especially his history of the early Dylan, which was fascinating to hear. Albeit it cost about £8.

Kind regards
Tom

Sounds like a lovely experience for you. Puts me in mind of a concert I went to at the Laugharne festival in May 2012, when Robin Williamson did a solo perfarmance on celtic harp and guitar in the Congregational Chapel. Lots of great banter, especially his history of the early Dylan, which was fascinating to hear.
Robin Williamson's a wonderful musician and fascinating character. Saw him many times when i lived in York- a compelling performer. Have you picked up any of his ECM recordings?

I still listen to The incredible String Bands recordings. Robin's writing and voice is and was incredible. He must be about 100 years old now. Didn't know he was on ECM, must look them up. Any recommendations Jules?
Andy

Back
Top Bottom