support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

How about some Charlie Parker !

Brendan

Practicing out of the omni book is one of the most beneficial exercises I've found.
As a relative beginner it exposes me to the jazz language, with all the embellishments and accents ... and I don't have to worry about improvising !

Here's moose the mooche played along with a cheesy BIAB backing :

DeadAudiolink Removed

If anyone wants to keep this thread going with their own Parker tune that would be great !

Soudcloud worked OK for me.
That was good Charlie, I mean Brendan.
I play around with something from the omnibook each time I practice.
It gives me a real sense of achievment when I can play through certain passages at the pace Parker did.
If only I could get through a whole piece without losing time.
When I can I will post it here.
Good job Brendan.

Link thingy works OK Brendan.

Classical finger twisters, then tongue twisters like this. You are certainly putting yourself though it Brendan. But hey, it's working great for you:thumb:. I've just been having a look at the odd Dexter "tune"..

Chris..

Great job indeed :thumb:
Sounds like a good fun and makes me want to get the Omnibook. Also made me take my bari and dig out the dots of a tune I learnt a few months ago.
If anyone wants to keep this thread going with their own Parker tune that would be great !
OK. Since I can't seem to be able to do anything good with the BOTM, I take the opportunity to post my first recording here. No backing track, I'm afraid. Far from perfect but that's how I play ;}
Sorry about the gross spitty sounds and the flat upper D.
Parker's Mood (It's the Supersax version, I hope it qualifies.)

I didn't notice the flat D .... I have to watch that too, if I'm not thinking about it I'll be flat in the palm keys.
That was awesome Chilli ! :welldone
Nice triplets and chromatics.
I love the sound of the Berg - I'm thinking about getting one myself.
What opening and baffle are you using ?

Thanks Brendan.
The Berg is an older hard rubber one that had been refaced by Mojo for its previous owner. It's a .119 with a #2 chamber and a 26.5mm facing length. Played with a 3M RJS reed. It suits the 12M extremely well but when I tried it with a modern horn (a SA80 Serie II), it wasn't that good. I'll have to try again now that I'm used to it.

Sounds like a good fun and makes me want to get the Omnibook. Also made me take my bari and dig out the dots of a tune I learnt a few months ago.

OK. Since I can't seem to be able to do anything good with the BOTM, I take the opportunity to post my first recording here. No backing track, I'm afraid. Far from perfect but that's how I play ;}
Very nicely played Chilli.
Great sound.
I particularly liked the way you played the run at :50.
You guys make me want to get the horn out and work on a Parker tune but the boss is nursing a hangover at the moment and it's best not to poke the sleeping bear.
Nick.

Im enjoying this Baritone Sax more and more, thanks Chilli

FAB-U-LOUS Great playing enjoyed it very much love the idea of the Charlie Parker thread must have a looky looky at what I've got .....John

ps must give the Bari an airing too

Great stuff Chilli please keep posting I loved it......John.

Back
Top Bottom