Paypal F&F
Your Location
New Zealand
Can ship anywhere
See shipping notes
Shipping Included
No
Shipping Notes
Will ship to most countries that are noted for packages being received. Shipping to be calculated with buyer according to their delivery requirements.
Cafe Fundraising
5% + appicable taxes.
Allow chat /off topic
Yes
This list replaces a list of horns offered sometime ago: https://cafesaxophone.com/threads/massive-clearance-sale-or-something-like-that.23429/
Unfortunately none were sold to you lovely people but around half were sold privately or on line.

Here's the updated list:
Shipping OK to countries where stuff doesn't regularly go missing.
Shipping at cost and materials to be negotiated according to buyer's instructions

Yes, it's time for a clean out. Too many years of collecting and I'm running out of room. Pictures and/or sound clips can be provided for any instrument you are keen on. No tire kickers please.

1. Yanaigsawa Curvy Soprano 99% lacquer, good pads, excellent condition made between 1990 and 91. Two necks. $1800 USD ONO. No longer available

2. Buescher Silver plate C sop with gold keys. A few pips in finish. Plays well with good pads and keyed to high Eb. A classy old horn, with original case and smell (I use peppermint oil in the case to combat the stink). Beautiful soft tone and good intonation. $1400 USD ONO.

3. Martin Com II Alto. Re-lacquered but not buffed deeply. Good pads and an excellent player. Many consider this the superior horn compared to the Com III. A good looking and playing horn with that Martin presence. $850 USD ONO.

4. Saxgourmet 6 Tenor in copper lacquered finish. Lacquer 98%+ good pads, excellent player with outstanding intonation and ergos. This horn is LOUD. I used it for unamplified outdoor gigs. Loudest horn I've ever played. In "as new" condition. $2100 USD ONO. Most won't know much about this horns so here's some references:
Sax Gourmet Model 6 Tenor Saxophone | Virtuosity Musical Instruments | Reverb
Saxgourmet, Model 6 tenor No longer available

5. Series 1 1945 King Super 20 with full pearls and silver neck. Original lacquer at 80%. Extensive engraving. Good pads Lives up to its reputation and is definitely a player's or collector's horn. I bought it from Sarge's (saxquest) estate where it was part of his personal collection. $4200 USD ONO. Here's a link to when this horn was in Sarge's collection including pictures (scroll down to King Super 20 serial # 278730
Sarge's Collection No longer available

6. Dolnet Paris Alto Sax. Silver plate in Art Deco style. Soft warm tone. Serial number 40739. $850 USD (a steal for those who know).

Please contact me for further information, pictures, or sound clips if required.

I agree to the rules
Yes
Last edited by a moderator:
peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
i'd just say dolnets are very cheap in europe. probably £350 - 500 would get you a good alto, i'm not sure how that translates into dollars. this is quite unfair, dolnets can be really good, but there is neither fairness nor reason in saxofashion. ah, $850 is about £630.

Wade Cornell

Wade Cornell

Locality
New Zealand and Australia
i'd just say dolnets are very cheap in europe. probably £350 - 500 would get you a good alto, i'm not sure how that translates into dollars. this is quite unfair, dolnets can be really good, but there is neither fairness nor reason in saxofashion. ah, $850 is about £630.

I'm on the other side of the world so not really up with what the market is in Europe or the UK. If you wish to make an offer based on what you think the current value should be please do so. It's a great looking sax in good condition cosmetic condition. Thanks for your comments.

peterpick

peterpick

Locality
Lewes, East Sussex
of course, i understand that, this is why i say. i believe sonny rollins played a dolnet at some point. he was surely a good judge of saxophones, being a colossus and all. the prejudice against them may be due to later saxes being made without the care of earlier ones.

Jimmymack

Jimmymack

Locality
London
Wow, you do live on the other side of the world, for some reason I thought you lived in the US. Too bad about that Super 20, the import and shipping would be a killer. The Dolnet price seems very reasonable to me.

Wade Cornell

Wade Cornell

Locality
Not much I can do about import duties or taxes, but shipping compared to the value of the Super 20 is negligible. A quick check around at some of the prices in shops (USA, EU and UK for 1st edition super 20s in good condition) make mine seem like quite a bargain. Most of those shops don't sell Dolnets, so I can only go by what you say. I guess there's not enough margin in them or demand to be worthwhile. Maybe I'll donate it to a student here in New Zealand. Thanks again for the "heads-up" on value for the Dolnet.

Wade Cornell

Wade Cornell

Locality
.......do you offer curbside pick-up....?

Definitely. You buy and come pick up at my kerbside...well one problem, no kerbside...country road. Oh, there's also the 2 week quarantine at a hotel of the government's choice for another $3000.

Jimmymack

Jimmymack

Locality
London
Not much I can do about import duties or taxes, but shipping compared to the value of the Super 20 is negligible. A quick check around at some of the prices in shops (USA, EU and UK for 1st edition super 20s in good condition) make mine seem like quite a bargain. Most of those shops don't sell Dolnets, so I can only go by what you say. I guess there's not enough margin in them or demand to be worthwhile. Maybe I'll donate it to a student here in New Zealand. Thanks again for the "heads-up" on value for the Dolnet.
After I wrote the last thing I did some rough calculations and what you say is true about the Super 20, it is a bargain..

Jeanette

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Locality
Cheshire UK
Please confirm if all still available

Jx

Wade Cornell

Wade Cornell

Locality
Thanks Jeanette for checking. Numbers two, three and six are still available. I've wanted to send you a PM for quite a while, but don't seem to be able to. Something about too many, by have deleted most and still can't send a message. Is there a trick?