support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Recording Home Recording - Audacity/Garageband

I recently converted from pc to Mac and have a problem with Audacity. A couple of minutes into a recording, the backing track plus any other tracks playing start to break up. The longer it goes on the worse the distortion. It sounds like a lack of available memory thing and I have tried messing around with the audio to buffer rate but just get different types of distortion. It has also started to happen not just when recording but when playing back recorded tracks that previously played fine. Anyone else had this problem or have a solution for it?

I avoided the Reaper for a long time but once you get to know it it is so much more versatile, and used with an interface virtually latency free, which for me has always been a variable problem and seems to change from day to day on Mac.
Jack as on gout.

I avoided the Reaper for a long time but once you get to know it it is so much more versatile, and used with an interface virtually latency free, which for me has always been a variable problem and seems to change from day to day on Mac.
Jack as on gout.

I may go over to Reaper or something else but for now I'm used to Audacity so will carry on until I feel the need to change, I'm by no means an advanced user. I did encounter latency problems with Mac which I had never had with pc, but found the trick of recording a click track to measure the latency then adjust latency correction in preferences. A very easy fix, was quite pleased with myself!

I may go over to Reaper or something else but for now I'm used to Audacity so will carry on until I feel the need to change, I'm by no means an advanced user. I did encounter latency problems with Mac which I had never had with pc, but found the trick of recording a click track to measure the latency then adjust latency correction in preferences. A very easy fix, was quite pleased with myself!
If you have a Mac, then GarageBand is a good bet and if you then need want something a bit more powerful, Logic.

I have used Logic for years now, one of the bonuses is the score editor

Can you actually use it to print parts?

Absolutely, I've been using it on sessions for years, orchestral (symphony orchestra) scores, commercial sessions, drum notation.

In some respects it is better than Sibelius, in others not so good but for me is perfectly fine for all the sessions I have done.

Absolutely, I've been using it on sessions for years, orchestral (symphony orchestra) scores, commercial sessions, drum notation.

In some respects it is better than Sibelius, in others not so good but for me is perfectly fine for all the sessions I have done.

I must give it another chance, then

Is there a Garage Band thread for beginners to get started? - i.e. importing a backing track and adding a recording track to record the Sax - that would be a great start.

I'm learning Garage Band too. Here's what I have found out so far:

To import a backing track you drag the file onto Garage Band. I haven't found a menu command to do it.

To create a recording track use the menu Track/New Track, then link up the input to the microphone.