All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Holiday in Wales

Nick Wyver

noisy
Subscriber
A week tomorrow we're off to West Wales for a fortnight. I shall probably take a sop with me. So if anyone has any knowledge of gigs or jam sessions in the Pembrokeshire - Ceredigion area between 16th June and 1st July please respond to this plea.

Jules

Formerly known as "nachoman"
not a jam but try looking at the druidstone hotel's website- its a bit of a cultural centre for jazz & world music and they're bound to know (great place too)

TomMapfumo

Have an absolut lovely break down by yer in Wales, Nick!

Skabertawe is possibly a bit far, though got home from St. David's in 87mins. Here is the local programme: http://www.swanseajazzland.co.uk/programmenew.asp which includes Sax Appeal and John Hallam, as well as an open mic type night
with the local rhythm section - who are solid performers - and include Laurence Cottle's brother on keys.

Kind regards
Tom

Last edited by a moderator:

TomMapfumo

Events in nearby Narbeth: http://www.thequeenshall.org.uk/whats_on/jun_12.html . I especially like the sound of "Gandalf Murphy and the Slambovian Circus of Dreams"! (Described as like a Hillbilly Pink Floyd!)

And more: Torch Theatre

Taz

Busking Oracle
It's a shame your not down there this weekend as my band Dark side of the wall are playing at the Globe in Cardiff tomorrow night

TomMapfumo

It's a shame your not down there this weekend as my band Dark side of the wall are playing at the Globe in Cardiff tomorrow night
Only 101 miles each way..........:w00t:;} Hi Taz! Are you using your Runyon Quantum mouthpiece or not? We have friends over all weekend, unfortunately, or I might have popped along from Skabertawe (A mere 43 miles eavch way!).

I hope it goes really well! :thumb:

saxysax

Have a good one! Do visit Barafundle Bay if you have the chance!

Kind regards
Tom
Oh, he might have left already. Barafundle bay is one of my favourite spots in the world. There is a film, still on iplayer I think, called the third star or something, worth a watch. It's not geographically correct as it tries to take in the entire Pembs coast between Stackpole and Barafundle, but worth watching, Tom.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Enjy, I love Wales, spent most of my summer hols there as a kid. Mostly on Anglesey.

Sunray

Have a great time Nick ...

But - Please!
Don't bring the bloomin rain back to England when you return ... >:)

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Have a good one Nick, we are due to leave for two weeks in the motorhome next weekend, West Wales was a consideration but think we might try and follow the better weather........if there is any.

Jx

Sunray

I thought you had a drought. No pleasing some folks.
Ha Ha Kev ... Not any more ... :)

The hosepipe ban has been lifted [as of yesterday] for all but 4 UK Regions ... :thumb:

Reason:

Cos its been Peeing down here for the last few weeks, with a rather heavy and prolonged thunder storm earlier today ... :eek:

Many Areas are now flooded ...

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom