All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hola from Spain

John Coppen

As a professional woodwind technician of nearly 40 years I have consulted, repaired and modified Woodwind instruments for the players of all the major national British orchestras, several international orchestras, session musicians, Jazz bands, pop groups, as well as repairing and teaching for the National British Music Academies, amateur bands and orchestras, primary and secondary schools. I have contributed to the development and teaching of the first ever degree course for Musical Instrument Repair at the London Metropolitan University. Also I have produced several publications on instrument repair for the Clarinet and Saxophone Society UK.
I help to ensure a musician's success from practice session to stage. Due to the fact that music instruments are precision equipment, the smallest knock often renders an instrument unplayable or unreliable. This makes my services invaluable to every musician, student and professional.
Having visited L’Ametllia de Mar for a holiday with my family 10 years ago we loved it so much that we have been back at every opportunity and the family decided to move here permanently bringing my expertise and successful business from London with me.

Justin Chune

Hello John, and a warm welcome to the cafe. You did a small repair for me once at a CASS gathering at Hartley Hall, Manchester. That was the first CASS event I attended and it was a lot of fun. I hope that your new venture goes well.

Jim.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, John.

Despite all that, bet you can't make me a better saxophonist.>:)

ENJOY!​™

Sunray

Hey Hey John ...

Welcome to the Cafe ...

Great intro, and such a vast range of Practical and Technical experience ...

Pleasure to meet you ... :old: I am just a n00b here ...

Tenor and Alto - [My first crack at playing an instrument].

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Welcome to the cafe john I bet there are a few of our spanish contingent glad to see this post,hope you thrive in spain, after just reurning from our annual jaunt to the south of france I know the attraction the sun can have and I yearn to do something similar

All the best from an unusually fine Manchester....john

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the cafe John :)

Your vast knowledge will be much appreciated in this fine cafe :thumb:

TomMapfumo

Sut mae o Gymru! Fy merch i'n dysgu Spaneg mewn ysgol gymraeg

Tom :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:

Wade Cornell

Subscriber
Someone with your knowledge is always welcome. What can I say: "Wish you were here!"
Cheers.

jeremyjuicewah

Hello John. Bit south of you but very interested to read your intro. Are you working now? I need a bit of a tweak on my tenor and my teachers B+W needs a complete overhaul. Anyway, welcome, there are stacks of good people on here.
MIke

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom