support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Beginner High G key?

Profusia

Here's a real beginner's question for you. My new Jericho soprano (curved) arrived on Thursday. The website states that it has a High F# Key and a High G key.

I can't for the life of me find a High G Key, or even a tone hole that's higher up the body than the High F# tone hole.

Here's a photo showing the High F# Key. Can anyone point out a High G key?

Curved sop.jpg

No high G key.
I guess they had it wrong on the description on their website: the straight one is pictured with high G, the curved without.
Do you miss it?

Can't really miss what you've never had, but disappointed if that's the case nonetheless.

You can point it out to Robbie. I am sure he can find a solution that is not drilling a high G hole.

Personally I have a thing against high holes. A high G on soprano can be usually played with the high F# key on a B or a front F.
My curly soprano (Yanagisawa) goes up to F#, but my gorgeous new straight sequoia up to G. I seldom use that high thing.

While on the subject, I can even proudly show off that my new tenor does not have a high F#...

SAme thing happened when I bought my Venus soprano. They'd changed the design without updating the website. I decided I wasn't worried about it though. I have another sop with a high G and it's right next to the F#, which can lead to accidents.

I'm not sure if there's any curved soprano with a high G key. Cannonball may do one, but as far as I can tell, it seems to be a feature on straight sopranos only. I suspect websites are done by copying and pasting the info without checking

I'm not sure if there's any curved soprano with a high G key. Cannonball may do one, but as far as I can tell, it seems to be a feature on straight sopranos only. I suspect websites are done by copying and pasting the info without checking

I was wondering the same. I don't know if there is any specific reason not to have a High G on a curly.

Indeed. I asked Robbie about it and Aldevis had already brought it to his attention and he changed the website.

Fast, indeed.

I have the
[h=3]Antigua A590-SPC curved soprano saxophone and just found the high G on it. Has f# key as well but I have physical problems playing g and g# so doubt if I would hit the hit. Can do high D though.[/h]