All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hi

Adrian63

Hi all. I am a total luddite, new to all of this. Thirty years playin tenor now. Still pretty c***. Texas tenor, R&B is my thing. I would like to say i have other interests; frankly i dont. Dig a well played " Dobro ", play congas. Played bari for a long time, alongside tenor. My " Zephyr " was destroyed years back. So; thank you for having me. Bud.

Sunray

Wotcha Mate ...

Welcome from me too ...

Glad you dropped by ... :D

Could you spare a few dollars Bud so I can get some (()) ?

I'm bloody starvin ...

Adrian63

Thankyou guys. I will post up my horns this week; get involved in things. Nice vibe; Thankyou.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Bud.

Only Dobros? What about pedal steels?

ENJOY!

visionari1

Hi there Bud, now you have alot of new Buddies.

Thirty years, huh sort of addictive eh!

You've come to the right place....enjoy

Ciao
Jimu

Adrian63

Hi. Such a warm welcome; Thankyou. I am pushing fifty, my memory a little vague. Let me tell you a little. I have dug ditches and served the odd beer. Other than that, i have managed to make a humble and happy life from music. At fourteen, i began as a jazz drummer; studying under a tremendous and highly respected player.At his place, i first heard a tenor sax up close. By sixteen, i was playing both. By eighteen the drums had gone. Early twenties i played a VI tenor, and Adolphe bari. Spike Robinson came to town. I was lucky enough to spend an afternoon in his company. Beautiful guy. He blew that big ole silver Conn for me. My affair with big bore tenors began. I played a 10m, alongside a Zephyr bari for a long long time. Over the last ten years or so, my tone development has taken priority. The 10m could really take no more. It lived in my techs place. I had to have a working horn. I have played Phil Barone mpcs. for a long time. My introduction to them is a story in itself. Another time. My first choice of new horn was R&C R1 tenor. I did not have the cash. I had no idea Phil was doing horns. I do not do computers ( android phone). Cut to the chase, i bought a "PB " vintage tenor. I love it. Vintage horns are still a passion; more an expensive hobby. Frankly the only one i want is a Superba I tenor in silver. There is a gold one on e bay today. That will have to wait. I need to replace my bari. I am going with "PB" again. In time. So thanks for the welcome. I will talk influences, theory and such in time. Now; the shed.

Adrian63

Hi its me; the central scrutinizer. So. Tuition. I had a theory teacher, later a player/teacher. The theory guy, man he knew his stuff. He taught by a " construction method ". T/ST;Intervals; constuction. It was intense. It worked. Opinions differ on how much theory, if any, one should know. Me, hexatonics, Lydian chromatic concept. That was my line, that is i know up to that point. The other guy; an East London R&R dynamo. No interest in jazz at all; None. A steady flow of Sam Butera, Al Sears, Lee Allen, was my playing education. I had it great both ways. My taste is total R&B. King Curtis, Red Prysock and on. Lenny Pickett is my " now" tenorman. Nobody plays better than Lenny. Tower of Power. All day, and the next. Later.

Adrian63

Thanks Paul. Nice to meet you. I am shattered,but will put this in the can. Check out Lenny playing his ballad " Kathy " on you tube. Today has been a fairly typical day. Added bonus of this forum. Very new but cool. I have my own house, unmarried, no kids. I tend to blow 10.00am to 6.00pm every day. Today, intonation. Maj7 intervals up and down. To my ear it gives a precise indication. I am hoping to record next year under my own name; hence this year is about tone and more tone. I do not understand " I dont like playing long tones ". A combination of correct breathing, relaxed posture, i find zen like. The essence of tenor is in that " oneness "; me and the vibration of that reed. Enough. Thankyou.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom