Tutorials

Hi

SashasMum65

Hi, my name is Mandy. I've been learning to play the alto sax for 18 months now. Trying to get my brain round reading music instead of playing by ear and writing the notes down. I have a weekly lesson, which is on zoom at the minute due to the covid situation. Any hints gratefully received
Mandy

Jeanette

Organizress
Cafe Moderator
Welcome, learning to read music is a useful skill but so is playing by ear. Try and do both :)

Jx

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Welcome to the Cafe. You seem to be off to a really good start on your saxophone journey. Lots of great advice and fun is available here.

randulo

Playing alto 2 ⅓ years
Subscriber
Welcome, Mandy! There's no bad time to learn to play saxophone! I think it's the lifetime dream of anyone who likes music, because it's so close to singing. This is a particularly good time to learn if you are able to practice, although as you say, lessons online are a little more challenging. You've landed in a good neighbourhood, too.

CliveMA

HI and Welcome! Reading music can be improved with apps on your phone these days. For example, check out "Reading music" in the Google Play store. The app turns reading music into a fun-to-play game!

SaxyNikki

Welcome Mandy. It’s so nice having another female sax player. Learning to read music is something you’ll never regret. It’s so nice to have you join us.

Juju_Birdie

Hi Mandy! I'm about 2 months into playing. Opposite problem - excellent sight reader but rubbish playing by ear ;)

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom