supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Hi!!

wemeetagain

i am a new member, i live in warwickshire near stratford on avon.
i am 16 and go to alcester grammar school, and have been playing the sax for 4 yrs (and the clarinet for 7 yrs.)
i play alto sax and have a 1948 beaugnier special perfect. I currently use a otto link metal super master tone mouthpiece.
i have also just recently bought a 1952 king tenor sax from the USA and its being shipped at the moment, i cant wait to play it!
i enjoy playing saxophone, and apparently play it 'far too much' (leaving no time for revision for exams:p) but i can never play it too much as its so awesome!
I enjoy playing a bit of charlie parker but currently my favourite song to play is dreams of you by dave mcgarry, (but only been playing it 3 days!)
i'm a dave matthews band fan and enjoy listening to leroi moore's sax solos in there songs.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi WMA, welcome to the forum, I've done some busking in Stratford, great place. More sax, less revision... Its the way it should be (but don't tell your mum I said so!)

Andante cantabile

I am sure, wemeetagain, that that King tenor will be in excellent hands. Welcome to the forum.

Last edited by a moderator:

TomMapfumo

Hi There!

Really great to welcome an early bloomer to the Cafe:w00t:! Are you keen to study sax/clarinet beyond school - perhaps do a music degree? My original trumpet teacher started playing at age 15, got all his grades by age 18, and then studied on the Jazz course at the Royal Welsh College of Music & Drama - before playing professionally. I guess that your playing/practising could then be seen as homework, rather than being seen as off-message ;}

Welcome anyway.
Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Button Free Tenor Sax player of note :w00t:

OP
wemeetagain

wemeetagain

i may study sax beyond school, i'll see how a level music goes! i'm working on a few grade 8 pieces at the moment, dreams of you by dave mcgarry is on the tinity jazz grade 8, ive been playing it a few days and found it easy apart from about 8 bars and was amazed that it was a grade 8 piece!

Top Bottom