All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hi to the forum

Corona4007

Hi I'm a 57 yo from New Zealand who has recently taken up the challenge and started learning the tenor sax. I have been renting for 9 months and my teacher recently saw a ex rental Yamaha TS 100 sax for sale and I bought it. Wondered if none else has had experience with one of these horns? Apparently a good student horn.

The forum looks great and hope to get lot's of info and advice along the journey.

David

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Hi David. Big welcome from me.

If it says Yamaha on the tin, you can't really go wrong. I guess your teacher checked it out before you bought it, so relax and enjoy!

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, David.

Is your corona electrical or astronomical please?

ENJOY!​™

Hal the Elder

Yo David,

Welcome to the "staff"!

I'm a beginning Tenorman, too...been taking lessons for 2 months.

Learning to read music at age 76 is a bit frustrating at times, but fulfilling!

Our local musical instrument repairman says that Yamaha saxophones are rugged and reliable.

I had been renting a Yamaha Student Tenor, but recently bought a new Yamaha YTS 200AD.

It looks and runs great!

Best of luck with your studies. (Heck...you're a young man, David!)

Hal

Last edited by a moderator:

What

Welcome for me.

I am new myself so I may not be able to give advice, but these others folks have some great help help to give.

muzza

Welcome David. You are not alone, with a few other Kiwi's in the forum.

Enjoy, lot's of interesting stuff and helpful advise here.

Cheers
Murray

Greg Strange

Greetings David, from the mighty Waikato,

The AS100 and TS100 Yamaha saxes were sold along side the 25 series Yamaha in the Australasian (Aussie and Kiwi, and few Pacific Islands) and some Asian markets as an alternative. I think the range went AS/TS 100, 25 series, 32 series, etc. I'm pretty sure they (100 and 25 series) have now been superseded by the 275 series horns. I suppose one day we may get the flash 280 series horn - wow!

It should be a good horn!

For some unknown reason Yamaha have always had different model numbers for different regions - I think it is some Japanese conspiracy to confuse westerners...:))) well, I'm confussed any way

There's always a few selling on "TradeMe"...

http://www.trademe.co.nz/music-inst...-instruments/saxophones/auction-517744838.htm

Good luck with the horn playing...

Cheers,

Greg S.

Last edited by a moderator:
Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom