All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
PPT Mouthpieces

Hi there

DrBob

I've been learning alto sax for about a year and a half and am really enjoying it. Got my ABRSM grade 1 last autumn aged a mere 53. Enjoy playing anything I can, love early jazz and classics (and classical).

My favourite sax player around today is Amy Dickson.

Cheers

Dr Bob

Sue

One prosecco, two prosecco, three prosecco - floor
Subscriber
Hi DrBob - a warm welcome from me also - have fun :)

keith

hi there drbob, i am new here also.
from what i have seen so far, a very friendly and helpful group of people.
enjoy your stay.
cheers, mad keef.

ProfJames

Elementary member
Same age as you but have yet to take the exam. Welcome. Very helpful lot on this forum, good advice and great experience.

TomMapfumo

Hi DrBob!

A Big Welcome from the Skabertawe Hot Five down by yer in South Wales. Was the Exam in Jazz Grades or the Classical ones?
Are you intending doing Grade 2 at some stage?

Hope you enjoy it here!
Kind regards
Tom

DrBob

Hi Tom

Thanks for the welcome!

It was the 'normal' classical grade 1. (Though only one piece is classical) Am hoping to do grade 2 later this year. I find I need a challenge to make improvement so the exams are great for that. My teacher suggested not doing the Jazz exams until have gained proficiency at grade 3 at least - she says they are not really beginner exams. But she is teaching me some jazz as well anyway. I plan to at least look at the jazz ones next year.

cheers

DB

saxman80

HI Dr Bob, welcome to the cafe,congrats on the exam pass, i will toast you over a drop of the black stuff this evening.:thumb:

Top Bottom