supportTutorialsCDsPPT mouthpieces

Hi there

emil stewart

after being a long time lurker of these threads i thought it was high time i joined. im primarily a jazz pianist but picked up the tenor a year ago and looking to further my studies
im currently a student in Scotland but live in surrey
im currently playing a sax.co.uk sakkusu with a rico mpc which, as a side note im looking to upgrade ASAP ! (so if anyone has any recommendation s for second hand tenors im all ears

great to be part of this community and i look forward to meeting all of you
e

Dingding

Welcome to the cafe

My son has a rented trevor James tenor sax from our local music hub which sounds nice.
Not sure how it compares to your current tenor though.
What are you studying in Scotland?

Best of luck

Nasima

ESJohn

HI there and welcome! I just purchased a Yamaha 4c for my alto to replace a generic mouthpiece. I am very happy with the results. I consider myself to be at the beginner level. Looking forward to seeing your posts!

JazzMatt

Account Closed
after being a long time lurker of these threads i thought it was high time i joined. im primarily a jazz pianist but picked up the tenor a year ago and looking to further my studies
im currently a student in Scotland but live in surrey
im currently playing a sax.co.uk sakkusu with a rico mpc which, as a side note im looking to upgrade ASAP ! (so if anyone has any recommendation s for second hand tenors im all ears

great to be part of this community and i look forward to meeting all of you
e
Welcome to the amazing forum that is The Caff!

What is it specifically you don't like about the Rico m/p?? Is it the Graftonite or the Metallite? What style of music do you play, generally?

OP
emil stewart

emil stewart

Welcome to the amazing forum that is The Caff!

What is it specifically you don't like about the Rico m/p?? Is it the Graftonite or the Metallite? What style of music do you play, generally?
as far as im aware its a graftonite (c5 ?) its not so much i dont like it i just feel like id like a different or auxillary sound, im primarily a jazz player at the moment

ESJohn

Was just reading a seller's review of the graftonite mpc. There are three sound chamber styles; A for concert playing, B for what I would call all purpose, and C for Jazz. So for that brand, you seem to have the correct one for your playing preference. But have fun searching and let us know which one you've picked.

JazzMatt

Account Closed
as far as im aware its a graftonite (c5 ?) its not so much i dont like it i just feel like id like a different or auxillary sound, im primarily a jazz player at the moment
Otto Link Tone Edge or Super Tone Master are popular tenor mouthpieces for Jazz, PPT are excellent (I have the baritone version and it's boss!), Aizen make very good mouthpieces; their TSSL is based on the old otto link slant signature mouthpieces, whilst their TSSO is based on a Selmer Soloist (which in themselves seem to be quite good).

The best option for you is to take your sax to a shop and have an afternoon trying them out - take a friend/teacher and gauge their opinion.

Have fun down the rabbit hole!

MikeMorrell

Netherlands
Subscriber
Hi Emil and welcome to the cafe!

It's the the best place ever for any questions on saxes mpc's, reeds and playing. aND ON On many other topics too.

Top Bottom