holly  All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities holly
Tutorials

Hi - New Starter

Sloth

I'm Steve, took up the sax 3 weeks ago and I'm trying to get some of the basics before getting a lesson/teacher. I would go into the problems I'm having with my embouchure but I still feel tight-lipped about it, maybe later.

I've been living in Brighton for 10 years but moved 'Slade-side about a year ago (local joke there) - it would be nice to get to know a few local saxers on here - SOTW is great but too.. global!

half diminished

I'm Steve, took up the sax 3 weeks ago and I'm trying to get some of the basics before getting a lesson/teacher. I would go into the problems I'm having with my embouchure but I still feel tight-lipped about it, maybe later.

I've been living in Brighton for 10 years but moved 'Slade-side about a year ago (local joke there) - it would be nice to get to know a few local saxers on here - SOTW is great but too.. global!
Welcome. every journey starts with the first step.......

I have heard tell that even Coltrane was rubbish when he first blew a sax :w00t:

You might want to try this book. Its very informative and explains everything from posture, breathing, embouchure, tone quality, intonation and much more. You can probably even buy it via a link from this site.

OP
Sloth

Sloth

I have heard tell that even Coltrane was rubbish when he first blew a sax :w00t:
I'm glad he stuck to acting though (what a cracker!) - Incidentally Robbie Coltrane took his name from John Coltrane..

I've eyed up the book on Amazon, thanks for the tip - I'm off to see my folks tomorrow and it was my birthday recently so if I order it now, I'm sure to receive a copy as a present- I'll get it when I get back!

Good to have you aboard Young Steve.
Slade could be any of a number of places so unable to appreciate local jokes. Talking about local jokes....................
Enjoy.
Cheers, that's Portslade by the way, just on the west side of Hove.

Thanks for all your greetings!

losaavedra

¡Hola! Steve ... welcome to the BR from Spain (but I'm really just another Brit, from W. Sussex originally, but before that (uhm) Croydon!). Have enormous fun here ...

OP
Sloth

Sloth

Thanks losaavedra, I came back through West Sussex today if you're feeling homesick - I imagine you're not pining for Croydon!

And I've ordered that book now nosaxyet, ta for the heads-up.

Young Col

Hi Sloth Steve and welcome.
I'm on the edge of Croydon and I was born there but I don't pine for it either!

Portslade is on the way to Shoreham and that is where there is a beautiful art deco airport building (sometimes used in Poirot) and they have a good annual air show.
Colin

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom