support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi im new!!

lindso3000

Locality
Barrow in Furness, United Kingdom
Hi!
My names Lindsey, im 27 and from cumbria UK
I decided to learn to play the sax this week.
I have a John Packer Alto sax
Got 2 books and cds.
Not doing TOO bad so far, altho a bit sweeky :)
Look forward to learning tips and as much info as i can !

Linds

Hi and welcome.
You have found the right place for all the tips and info.

Enjoy

Welcome to the caff©, Lyndsey.

ENJOY!

Welcome to this fine place ...

Hey Hey Lyndsey ...

*Big wave from Norfolk*

Couple of questions for you ... ;}

What sort of sax music do you prefer?

What made you decide to take up the sax?

Anyway it's nice to meet you ...

Enjoy your stay ...

Hello Lindsey welcome to the cafe. You have come to the right place for help and support. Enjoy your sax.

Jim.

Hi Linds, Great to hear you've decided to learn to play - Its the start of a journey, Enjoy yourself.
Welcome on board, Les.

Cool! What are you going to do next week? >:)

Welcome aboard.

:welldone

I was considering Kazoo as it's a simple instrument, simply hum and a tune pops out and we have every note imaginable. At least its much more straight forward than a saxophone.

However next week I might just go shopping and buy a few Vivien Westwood handbags to carry my all new saxophone in.:)))

On a serious note, I will keep practicing my Sax :)

Hey Hey Lyndsey ...

*Big wave from Norfolk*

Couple of questions for you ... ;}

What sort of sax music do you prefer?

What made you decide to take up the sax?

Anyway it's nice to meet you ...

Enjoy your stay ...

Hi! Big wave back!

To answer your questions...

Ive been you tubing alot to find sax players and have come across a few that i really like:
John coltrane,Ben Webster, Dave Brubeck quartet,Mike Stephens,Dick Perry and the sax in Bonobos music.

I decided to play the sax as at school i was in the orchestra playing the flute. I decided i wanted to try a new instrument and have always been interested in the saxophone.

Nice to meet you too!
:)

Hi Lindsey

Welcome aboard, it's nice to see another young lady added to our number.Hope you enjoy your new sax journey...john

However next week I might just go shopping and buy a few Vivien Westwood handbags to carry my all new saxophone in.:)))

Actually, that's something I could use (well maybe not Viven Westwood...). I find it a real pain lugging sax(es), sax stand and music stand, folder full of music around, even if it's just from the car to the rehearsal room. Haven't found a good system for it yet. A kazoo would be more portable, but I think even my sax tone is better than that.

Actually, that's something I could use (well maybe not Viven Westwood...). I find it a real pain lugging sax(es), sax stand and music stand, folder full of music around, even if it's just from the car to the rehearsal room. Haven't found a good system for it yet. A kazoo would be more portable, but I think even my sax tone is better than that.

Haha! I can tell you now, MY sax tone isnt better than that :)

Hi Lindso,
A hello from sunny Essex. I have just got a new teacher and she has already forced me out of bad habits I got into when between teachers. Have you thought about a teacher even just to get you going cos it makes such a difference.
Anyway, enjoy what is a tricky, frustrating yet ultimately great experience.
Ben

Hi Ben,
Yeah i might try and find a teacher in this area, im sure there must be someone local.
The small local shop i bought the sax from said someone works there who can play so i may pop in and ask him for some tips :)

Hi Linds, i think you will find a list of teachers local to you somewere on this site....or one of Pete's other sites.
good look.

hi and welcome
it's great when you first start, just keep it up.
cheers pip

Hi Lindsey, welcome to the Cafe :)

Back
Top Bottom