All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities
Tutorials

Hi, I'm John from Derby area

jc1

I'm 63, recently retired, so got my saxophone out of the loft, where it's been snugly hidden for years.
Being self taught, I went from absolute beginner to beginner over the course of several painful years.
I own many Guest Spot books, and have developed my style based on Les Dawson's piano playing!
Now I have more time, and resources like this site and Youtube, I'm aiming to regain my status of beginner, and not to feel down when I see 10 year old kids playing better than me!! Anyway, I can wire a house, and program robots, and they can't :p Nice to meet you all, have a fab runup to Christmas.

GaryF

Welcome to the cafe, JC1

there are some corking places on youtube for playalong. Sergey Brazhnik is a fav of mine. He does keep to seem on being pulled down though Sergey Brazhnik have a quick squizz over and see what you think :)

OP
J

jc1

Hi Gary,
Thank you for the welcome and YouTube advice, I've not looked there for playalongs, so I will indeed check Sergey out.
Thanks again for taking time to help,

OP
J

jc1

Hi Gary, thank you for the welcome, much appreciated.
Having developed my tone to that of trapped coke under an opening door, I feel the outside world should be spared the agony for now, though it could be my 2020 ambition

tenorviol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Hi Gary, thank you for the welcome, much appreciated.
Having developed my tone to that of trapped coke under an opening door, I feel the outside world should be spared the agony for now, though it could be my 2020 ambition
There are community groups / bands aimed at absolute beginners so I really wouldn't worry...

Saxholder Pro
Help!

Latest posts

Top Bottom