hi I’m frankie from Scotland. Happy to be part of the forum.. oh and I have been learning alto for the past year

trimmy

One day i will...
Welcome to the Cafe Frankie

If you live close enough to a music shop go and try a few different makes, sizes etc.
Or you could buy second hand try them and if not suitable move them on, you’ll pick a good used Selmer up for way less then new price.
What’s good for me may not be good for you.
Enjoy the search

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
Welcome to the Café.

Personally I much prefer a Selmer S80 C* to a Yamaha 4C. As said above, the trick is to get a second-hand one.
If you are going for a classical sound, then other ones to look for might be a Rousseau NC4, or a Vandoren Optimum Al3, but if your teacher wants Selmer then I would go with that.

Justin Chune

Hello Frank, welcome to the cafe. Don't be in a rush to change the Yamaha 4c. Tell your teacher that you will get the Selmer when funds are available,.and leave it at that. For future reference the Selmer C* is their popular alto model. Happy playing.

nigeld

I don't need another mouthpiece; but . . .
Subscriber
How do I pm? Not got the hang of this yet
PM means a private message - only the two of you can see it.
Click on the name or the icon of the person you want to talk to (I.e. the thing to the left of their posting) and then click the "Start conversation" button.

saxyjt

I have saxophone withdrawal symptoms
Subscriber
Hi Scotty Frankie and welcome to the café !

Seing thé title of the thread I was worried the message would match the unusual length of the title! :w00t:

Mouthpieces... Quite a broad subject! So many options... If you look for a used Selmer S80 C*, you may find some at really good prices. I almost gave one away a couple of years ago as I thought they buyer was going to purchase my alto sax too! But the teacher insisted on a more recent model from the same brand. :rolleyes:

Quite ridiculous at that level, but some people are not very flexible... Especially in the french musical academic institutions.

Anyways, enjoy the cafè and come back often.

ESJohn

Welcome from a beginner level player that just switched to the 4c. Love it vs. the generic one that I was using. You'll find some pretty great folks here!

SYOS
Top Bottom