support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi from UK

Annerz

Locality
London
Hiya,

I'm 40 and a newbie sax player. I played the viola and piano through university. I have always wanted to play the saxophone and look forward to adding another string to my bow. I don't have a sax yet, but am looking at the Buffet 400 as I quite like it's sound. Getting to lessons will be a huge challenge for me as I am also a carer so will be mostly teaching myself with intermittent lessons.

Looking forward to getting know you All.

Welcome to the café have fun here :)

Jx

Hello, welcome. I play cello, and as my name suggestion tenor viol (and bass) and tenor viol uses alto clef as well...

It's a fun journey. Out of interest. Where are you based and what sax did you go with in the end?

Enjoy!

Welcome to the cafe, and kudos for pursuing your dream!
I'm self taught too, with a bit of help & abuse from friends who play. I'll never be a professional, but it keeps me happy :)

Welcome to the cafe, @Annerz! Congrats on getting what is (probably) a really great sax! I really don't much about the sax market (or the 400 series) but I did read a very positive review of the 400 series here.

I've played a 2nd hand (1960's) Buffet-Crampon tenor sax for years and I'm still very happy with it. Coincidentally, the (newer) tenor sax player in my Big Band also plays almost the same model Buffet-Crampon. Every time I pick my sax up, I appreciate just how solid it feels and - for a "vintage" sax - how relatively easy it is to play. My guess is that the 400 series is even better.

'Being in love" with your sax is IMHO a wonderful way to start out! If you like the way it sounds and it feels right in your hands, that makes learning and practicing so much easier. Your set-up sounds great.

I'm sure that your previous musical experience on viola and piano will jump start your sax journey!

Enjoy!

Mike

PS. Welcome to the world of reeds :)

Welcome to the cafe, @Annerz! Congrats on getting what is (probably) a really great sax! I really don't much about the sax market (or the 400 series) but I did read a very positive review of the 400 series here.

I've played a 2nd hand (1960's) Buffet-Crampon tenor sax for years and I'm still very happy with it. Coincidentally, the (newer) tenor sax player in my Big Band also plays almost the same model Buffet-Crampon. Every time I pick my sax up, I appreciate just how solid it feels and - for a "vintage" sax - how relatively easy it is to play. My guess is that the 400 series is even better.

'Being in love" with your sax is IMHO a wonderful way to start out! If you like the way it sounds and it feels right in your hands, that makes learning and practicing so much easier. Your set-up sounds great.

I'm sure that your previous musical experience on viola and piano will jump start your sax journey!

Enjoy!

Mike

PS. Welcome to the world of reeds :)
So far I've managed to get what seems to me a decent sound as far as low D, although I frequently lose my sound due to lack of strength.I have a trial lesson booked for two weeks as I don't want to pick up too many bad habits.

Back
Top Bottom