support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi from the Norse

dmorgan

Hi,

I bought a YTS-275 for my 43th birthday, started practicing by watching Youtube. Last September I got a teacher who I see weekly. Now, a little more than a month after my 45th birthday, I have upgraded to a Yamaha 82Z custum tenor. I've planned to eventually sell the YTS-275 and buy a decent alto. A year ago I joined a local marching band. I wasn't sure if I was competent enough to join, but my wife convinced me I should at least call and ask. I did and I don't regret, as the rest of the band was very welcoming and happy for a new member. The band practices once a month and have 8 song repertoire which is played in the national day parade in my home town.
My goal is to play blues and jazz, so the current main focus when seeing my teacher is scales and improvisation. With family time for practice is always sparse, but I manage to squeeze in at least a practice session once a day, often two. Musical favourites are jazz, blues, rock and world music.

Dmorgan

Hello Dmorgan, welcome to the cafe. I'm now passed it for marching band, but I did have a lot of fun with it in the past. We have a large Norwegian community in Edinburgh and they celebrate the 17th May in some style.

My band led the parade. The day began with a great Norwegian style breakfast, followed by a sing song. We then made our way to Princes Street and formed up for the parade. At the sound of the One O Clock gun we were off. What a treat for the tourists to see all those pretty girls wearing their national dress. We turned into Princes Street Gardens and held a short service at the Norwegian War Memorial.

I don't suppose I need tell you, but there was a lot of alcohol consumed that day. I had the pleasure of doing that gig, year, after year, after year. Happy days.

Jim.

Hi and Welcome, I have a few Scandinavian friends, did a project for Hurtegruten a few years ago. I have an intention to go Ice diving up in Kirkenes next winter.

Never tried marching, but I do tend to wander around my living room when I'm playing :)

Come and join us in the Ballad of the Month and Song of the Month threads. We're always pleased to hear new players of all standards.

Hello @dmorgan I've started a thread in Saxophones & Playing about possibly buying a YTS275. I'd be grateful for your thoughts - how long did you stay with it, what do you think about it now you've upgraded, pluses and minuses. Thanks v much D

Hello @dmorgan I've started a thread in Saxophones & Playing about possibly buying a YTS275. I'd be grateful for your thoughts - how long did you stay with it, what do you think about it now you've upgraded, pluses and minuses. Thanks v much D
I stayed with it for 2 years. It's still a very good saxophone, but the the upgrade is just so much better.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom