support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi from Surrey

Philsaxophone

Hi all

Great forum

I've been hooked on Tenor Sax for more years than I care to remember, but trying to make my way up the greasy pole in business always stopped me from any serious commitment.

Now I'm old and grey I have the time to practice and try to get the best I can be, whatever that turns out to be.

My musical tastes are mostly 40's / 50's jazz, ballads and swing and my Hero's are Stan Getz, Lester Young and Ben Webster

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome Phil, I too love the dulcet tones of Ben Webster (among many others) You've picked a dangerous part of the world to live though, don't go treading on Old Gits toes (although I don't think they actually reach the end of his zip up slippers) He runs your area with an iron....zimmer :)))

Young Col

Welcome Phil. Fortunately you are on the far side (of Surrey) from Mr Git's moated castle and as those of us over here are also old, grey and like similar musicians I think you will be safe from the iron Zimmer (if there's trouble I just take it away from him on the pretext of routine maintenance).

Colin
(Mauriat alto)

Pauline

Subscriber
Hi Phil,
as a privileged and honorary member of the CaSLM may I extend a warm welcome from me too!
(but tread carefully around our esteemed leader OG - I believe he is lethal with the zimmer...)
Enjoy your time here, it's a great place to be!

OP
Philsaxophone

Philsaxophone

Thanks

HI All,

Thanks for being so welcoming

To answer a couple of points

Cobham is OK but now full of footballers--wrong shaped ball for my tastes--flash cars that they cant drive or park.

The MKVI is very recent and much too good for me but I watched " The Bucket List" and as I'm 60 in a couple of months I decided now was the time.

Lovely sound though, especially with an Otto Link ebonite and La Voz reeds but it needs some work--- in fact its just about to go in and have a complete service overhaul in Hampton MI repairs

Just off to ask a question on the main site about mouthpieces

Again, thanks to all for being so friendly

Phil

Hi ya Phil

Welcome to the forum. They are a lovely bunch of peeps and I'm a newbie (see my post on first lesson today). I lived in London from 16 up until June 2009 when I moved to the Shetland Islands. We keep having power cuts due to bird strikes (latest being geese flying into the cables) - I gonna scare them all off with my playing LOL!

Top Bottom