PPT mouthpieces

Hi from sunny Stortford

SLoB

Was on the old forum but did not post much. Have posted a couple of times here so thought I had better introduce myself properly ... after all it is only polite to do so. :)

Started playing Oboe at 10 and picked up Sax at 18. Played on and off over the years (c. 25 years that is) but came back to regular playing about 8 years ago when I joined New Redbridge Wind Orchestra (if you do the sums you can work out I am fast approaching the half century). Now play Sax (mainly Alto but also Sop and Tenor - and infrequently a borrowed Bari) regularly in NRWO, but also in a sax quartet and other small groups of friends.

Keen to improve my jazz and improvisation skills.

Busy work and home life prevents me from practising as much as I would like or getting involved here.

Noticed a few from the region and wonder if there is a chance a few of us could get together to play occasionally.

Its a nice sunny day but have now got to get off to work (late already!).

Stephen

Thanks for the welcomes.

Yes it is the Bishop's place - that bit of Herts in Essex, by Ryanairport.

We live on the west side of town as well, near Tesco - handy for the midnight snacks, not so good for the waistline.

I think my neighbour plays in the Harlow band, although it may be the Brass band. Name names - see if we have got friends in common.

Looking forward to getting to know you all and playing better.

Been at NRWO weekly practice tonight and been put through our paces with some interesting and challenging pieces as well as some old easier ones.

If people are interested I will post here when we have concerts planned and you can come along for a critical assessment (and drinks after).

S

Back
Top Bottom