All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
SYOS

Hi from sunny Hampshire

SeanLR

Hi,

Just thought I'd introduce myself. I've been playing sax on and off for a loong time, and after a lengthy break I've got back into it over the last year or so. I've been a member on a different site for a good while but this forum seems much more 'local' to me.

I've never really taken my sax playing seriously, and a busy life prevented me from dedicating the practice time I would love in order to take my playing to another level, but as the years have gone by, the kids have grown up and are self sufficient to the point where hanging out with dad is no longer 'coool', so I have more time on my hands :) Looking forward to this new chapter :)

CliveMA

I've never really taken my sax playing seriously, and a busy life prevented me from dedicating the practice time I would love in order to take my playing to another level
+1, Welcome, lots of fellow life travellers at the Cafe.

GCinCT

Seeker of truth and beauty
Subscriber
Welcome to the Cafe. Best of luck on your renewed saxophone journey. Nice to have you here.

OP
S

SeanLR

Thanks all. Over the years, I’ve had more saxophones than I could wave a stick at, let alone do them any justice, but most of them were bought and sold on whims back in the days when life was lucrative. From Buffet SDA’s, Selmer‘s, Buescher Big B’s to Gear4Music models. I tried them all. Life isn’t like that anymore and my frivolous days are long gone so I’ve learned to be a bit more canny with my instrument purchases.

Steve Howard has always worked on my instruments in the past, and on the back of his advice I ‘indirectly’ wound up here. I popped down a little while back with a rather sad looking Conn Connstellation alto. Before even touching it he said “Sell it and get something modern“. I did just that and after reading one of his reviews I picked up a Bauhaus M2 alto in silver/gold. Now, even with my limited and rusty playing skills, I can tell this is a very special instrument. Numerous searches online kept bringing me back here, and what seems to be a very friendly community. Really pleased to be here, albeit a bit late.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom