Tutorials

Hi from sunny Cannock

MartinL

Hi everyone, I have just joined the forum after "observing" for a while, to introduce myself, I am an older guy just learning Sax for fun. I've been playing a little over a year and very much a beginner but I love it. I have a Trevor James "Classic", Work strange shifts and live in Cannock. Other interests include 4x4 trialling.

If there is anyone living local and interested in playing / practice together, or social, I would love to meet up.

losaavedra

¡Hola! and welcome to the BR from sunny Spain (a mere 26C at the moment ... but its only 7 o'clock in the morning!). Loads of good advice here ...

Pjonah

Hi Martin,

I was in Cannock today, I'd been to Pottal Pool and came back through Cannock.

Welcome to the BR from a sun kissed Daventry, enjoy your time here, there are many people willing to offer pearls of wisdom for any subject, but seriously Modified V8 Disco or 90 HT?? I know what I'd choose;}

OP
MartinL

MartinL

Thanks for all the good wishes, its nice to get them. I cant imagine my limited experience being of much use to many but I'm sure i will learn a hell of a lot from here.. (unless you want to know about Landrovers, LOL)

Its a lightly modified Disco, for RTV trialing... Cleeve Hill near Cheltenham this Sunday..

Attachments

Martin

Welcome from Grenada in the West Indies, where it's been pouring down all morning. It looks almost like England, except that I'm wearing shorts and a tee shirt and I'm still too hot. Life's tough isn't it?

Martin

Young Col

Hi MartinL and welcome. It's true. Pearls of wisdom about anything. In your first day you've had weather reports from from Grenada and Granada (well Spain anyway), a bad joke from Croydon and a chat about 4x4s. You'll get deluged when you ask about sax things.

I recall camping on Cleeve Hill once - about 40 years ago. Good views.
Colin

OP
MartinL

MartinL

Hi MartinL and welcome. It's true. Pearls of wisdom about anything. In your first day you've had weather reports from from Grenada and Granada (well Spain anyway), a bad joke from Croydon and a chat about 4x4s. You'll get deluged when you ask about sax things.

I recall camping on Cleeve Hill once - about 40 years ago. Good views.
Colin
Yes it's very encouraging. Maybe one day I will have a little Sax expertise to offer too. :)))

Gloucestershire is a very scenic place, I'm looking forward to Sunday as I don't get to trial as often as I would like as I often find myself working weekends.

Phil Edwards

Hi Martin, wlecome from East Sussex.

4x4 trials - that was my hobby some years back after I'd done a few years of trials and enduro's on 'bikes. I did a couple of Comp Safari's (AWDC) too in a SWB buggy I built. Great fun, enjoy yourself

Phil

OP
MartinL

MartinL

Hi Martin, wlecome from East Sussex.

4x4 trials - that was my hobby some years back after I'd done a few years of trials and enduro's on 'bikes. I did a couple of Comp Safari's (AWDC) too in a SWB buggy I built. Great fun, enjoy yourself

Phil
I used to do bike trials too, but the falling off starts to hurt as you get older :))) Now i stick to 4 wheels, it's great fun. I've seen the comp guys out there, it looks hairy but fun too i'll bet. I only do ALC events, keeps the playing field level so my modest RTV competes well..

Thanks for the good wishes, maybe we can talk about the Sax one day, :D

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Martin, welcome to the 4x4 section of the BR :))) I've just sold my series 11a rag top and traded my 300tdi disco for a very pretty Td5 disco and love it. I'm just in the process of hitting the chassis with Hammerite and then waxoyling the lot! A most unpleasant but necessary task.
Back on topic, I played at the Oak tree (I think that's what its called, it's on the left just past the truck stop)) in Cannock quite recently. A great gig with a good crowd.
I hope you enjoy your stay here.

MY Disco.
[/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
MartinL

MartinL

Yes I think its the Oak Tree, I know where you mean, cant say I've ever been there and I didn't realise they had live music. I sometimes go to the Takeroo on a Thursday, they do an open mike night. (to watch, not to play).

So I guess the new Disco won't be off road then :D Maybe we should have a 4x4 section, hey that would be a good club, Sax and 4x4 enthusiasts :)))... not many members ;}

Taz

Busking Oracle
Ah yes, but did you break anything? Cos if you didn't...... you weren't trying hard enough :)))

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom