support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi from North Yorkshire

tenortrev

Hello all,
I'm all the way up here in Richmond, North Yorkshire. I've been playing Tenor for about 2 1/2 years, and have been a long time lurker on Cafe Saxophone, and the old Breakfast room, and thought it was probably about time that I joined up!

rudjarl

Senile Member. Scandinavian Ambassadour of CaSLM
Hi, welcome to the cafe as a registered member.
And good luck with your gig on the 6th :)

OP
T

tenortrev

Hi Guys,
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Ben, I play a 1959 King Super 20 that I love very much!! I use a Guardala King mouthpiece on it; laser trimmed, from WWBW in America for a bit of a bargain price (although I had to wait four months to get it!). I had a Guardala New Crescent on my last sax (another Super 20:) ) but the crescent didn't really seem to have the 'zing' on the new Super 20 that it did on the old one for some reason.

jonf

Hi there, welcome.

Ah, Richmond, cracking place. Also home to the best bike boot manufacturer in the world.

Jon

OP
T

tenortrev

Yep, Clive, it's not far from Leyburn. I was at Hawes on Sunday - absolutely packed with bikers (and others), we couldn't even get into the cheese shop to get some Wensleydale - the queue was out of the door!!

PCthug

Yes, my work boots are Altberg too. Went in to get them fitted. They even moulded them to my feet.
Still prefer my Sidi boots on my bike though ;-)
Welcome from Durham...

Top Bottom