support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi from Manchester

Chris

Well Known
Café Supporter
Hi,my name is Chris.I have just had my 1st sax lesson yesterday,its about time I did as I should have done this years ago.Better late than never as they say..
Got my 1st sax last week a Trevor James "The Horn"(alto)..

Best

Chris

Hey Hey Chris for Manchester ...

Sunray waves from Norfolk ...

I was "thinking about a TJ horn" when I started in June last year ... Nice One mate ...

What sort of music is it that you want to master ?

Do you read the dots already?

Nosey bugger ain't I - lol :)))

Have a good time here anyway mate ... ;}

Oh! Instead I spent a bit more and got a Yanagisawa [or rather two, Alto then Tenor] :w00t:

Well I've played guitar for 20 yrs( well tried)But just recently got into jazz,I found myself listening to that much sax!!That I thought I should play one so I can listen to myself( not yet though)too many cats and dogs still run for cover when I pick it up..As for reading dots,just a bit..
Came to the conclusion that I like Paul Desmonds tone..As for spening money,can't do that till I can play.lol..Thanks for the warm welcome..

Chris

Welcome to one of the friendliest forums on the planet, nay, the friendliest forum, well other that that swingers one I caught Mrs Taz on the other night, they were all very friendly according to the pictures... but that's another story :shocked: :)))

More money than sense some people.

Welcome Chris, from an ex-Mancunian. A couple of others here from Manchester. Enjoy the forum.

I can only assume that was aimed at me kev ...:(

I guess you think you know me well enough to make those two points ...

Well - Just to set the record straight ... you are wrong about one of them ...

I am fortunate enough to have enough money to buy those things that I wish, as I have worked extraordinarily hard all my life and have made some very good progress ... :w00t:

I did consider buying student saxophones to start me off, until I was able to play well enough to do justice to a more up market instrument ... I elected to skip all the intermediate purchases and get what I really wanted from the outset ...

Considering my age, I think it makes very good sense ...

-----

So I guess you are wrong about the second point ...

I must say kev - I didn't expect that sort of [uncalled for] comment from you, you've always come across to me as being level headed and intelligent ...

Cheers anyway ...

============================================================

EDIT: Oooops! "Daft ole bugger" I seem suffering the loss of my sense of humour ... :shocked:

Sorry guys ... I'll try to be less prickly in future ...

Thanks kev ... for putting me straight ...
:thankyou:

Last edited by a moderator:
I can only assume that was aimed at me kev ...:(

I guess you think you know me well enough to make those two points ...

Well - Just to set the record straight ... you are wrong about one of them ...

I am fortunate enough to have enough money to buy those things that I wish, as I have worked extraordinarily hard all my life and have made some very good progress ... :w00t:

I did consider buying student saxophones to start me off, until I was able to play well enough to do justice to a more up market instrument ... I elected to skip all the intermediate purchases and get what I really wanted from the outset ...

Considering my age, I think it makes very good sense ...

-----

So I guess you are wrong about the second point ...

I must say kev - I didn't expect that sort of [uncalled for] comment from you, you've always come across to me as being level headed and intelligent ...

Cheers anyway ...

Sorry, wasn't meant to offend.

Hi Chris

Welcome aboard,I hope you enjoy your new sax and participating in the forum.The best advice I can give you is take your time and keep at it,in matters sax slow is good and just enjoy it...john

Welcome to the Cafe, Chris, and congrats on owning an Alto sax - once you get a mouthpiece, ligature and reeds you'll be sounding really good........:shocked::w00t:;}!

Lots of folks on the Forum play Tenor, after often starting on Alto. I am one of several who simply prefer Alto, but it can be a challenge in the future.
As they say, there is Jazz and then there is Jazz! There is lots of stuff out there - I especially like North European Jazz, like Jan Garbarek and Nils Petter Molvaer, but have also been listening to several CD's with Paul Desmond on - Time Out, Further time out, and Paul Desmond "Blues" and Brubeck in Japan (forget the title...)

Look forward to hear about your progress and hope that your teacher comes up with the goods!

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

Hi Chris and welcome. I started on a TJ Horn that had been my son's, when I began playing again after many years just listening to music (things like full time work got in the way). The Horn was a good starter and I still have it as a standby.
Enjoy your learning.
YC

Welcome Chris, there's a fine body of folk here to help and advise if you need it.

Wish i could afford a Yana, or rather i wish the wife would give me permission to think i could afford a Yana. She said i could get one if i learned to play my Yamaha properly!!!!!!!!!no luck yet.

Well what can I say??Such a cool welcome from all thanks..Too many to name one at a time..The first couple of days have gone fine up to now..Just a numb lip at the end of an hours practice(haha)..I will keep everyone informed on my progress..One last thing @Rock Lobster
perhaps you should persuade her that it is an investment for the future(then run for cover)or the nearest Yana stockist..

Chris

Hi Chris, Phil here from sunny Radcliffe. Ive been playing sax around three years, started on Alto and now have moved up to Tenor. I now have a matching pair of Amati saxes, ok not the most expensive, but they are great saxes all the same. Never get despondent as a beginner, what appears impossible today will be a breeze soon, stick at it and enjoy !

P.

Support Cafesaxophone

Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Back
Top Bottom