Tutorials

Hi from Malvern

El Robo

Hi,

Picked up the alto sax last may for the first time, daughter used to play and left it hanging around. Found this site and everybody seems really friendly and helpful.

Rob

Andante cantabile

Good advice to all daughters. Leave lots of saxophones lying around so that dads can enjoy the finer things in life. Welcome to the cafe, Rob.

TomMapfumo

Hi there, the Robster!

Just carry around a selection of cheap, pretty mobile phones and it would be an easy way to acquire all sorts of musical instruments from others' daughters - could set up Mazuma "Sax or Phone".Com and have a great trade going in no time!;}

Hope you are enjoying learning Alto Sax (my favourite, even if it is the one people commonly start with!). What stuff do you like playing/learning?
Be fun to hear. Welcome to the Cafe from Skabertawe!:w00t::mrcool

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

OP
El Robo

El Robo

Thanks for all the welcome comments.

Old git - I wish i did have one of those elusive cars! However my sax teacher lives directly opposite the factory and her husband works there!! So if i take a wrong turning it's great anyway :)

Tom - used to be called robster as a teenager, had a bit of a flashback for a moment! I'll TRY to play anything but i am more drawn to bebop/swing/blues stuff. Have dexter gordon on almost constantly at moment and i love lester young. I'll listen to absolutely anything tho as I've always thought that a good tune/song is a good tune/song. it doesn't seem to matter what i play on my sax tho it ALWAYS makes me feel good

Rob

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Rob, welcome to the forum, try a little Ben Webster as well. He'll have you sitting back with your feet up just chillin!

thehunt

Hi Rob, welcome, you're right the forum is a great place, we all have the same passion. ( well some of us do ) also some great recipes to boot.
Look forward to seeing some posts. Phil

support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces
Top Bottom