holly  All fees from subs and sales are given to special needs music education charities holly
SYOS

Hi from Georgia

lilyblue

Hi,
I am an elementary school teacher. I love the saxophone and am looking forward to purchasing one soon. Any suggestions on what type to purchase will be greatly appreciated. :sax:

Taz

Busking Oracle
Hi Lilyblue, welcome to the cafe, I bet you love the holidays, time to get away from other peoples brats...I mean sweet little angels! :))) I'm probably not the best to give advice on buying a new starter sax. Have you decided whether to go for an alto or a tenor. That I suppose is your first quandary. I don't think that a soprano would be a good idea as they take a little while to get under control. Once you decide which horn you prefer you then have to enter the minefield that is saxophone choice. There are some very good budget saxes, I haven't got any experience of these so I'll let some of the other members help you there. No doubt they will be only too happy to share their experiences with you. Enjoy your journey, it's a fun one ;}

Phil Edwards

Hi Lilyblue, welcome to the cafe. What type eh? Alto or tenor would be best decided by what style of music you like/aspire to play. If you're not sure give us some ideas of who/what you like.

You don't need to spend a lot of money these days to get started with a perfectly good sax.

regards, Phil

OP
L

lilyblue

Thanks everyone for the warm welcome and yes I do enjoy the long holiday break. It gives me time to reenergize. I have decided to go with the alto. I have looked at several different brands such as Selmer, Conn, and Yamaha. I like the Selmer, Paris but it is out of my price range for now. I love jazz and some of the great ones are my favorites; Duke Ellington, Dizzy Gillespie, Miles Davis, Louis Armstrong, Charles Parker, and Jimmy Dorsey to name a few. Well, of course Ray Charles. I am very excited to get started on this journey. Thanks so much for your advice and suggestions.

visionari1

Hello liliyblue & welcome to the forum. Big subject horn selection!
Going by your choice of music, older styles of jazz, big band and classic. I recommend go for the instrument (alto or tenor) that you really like the sound off, that way you will practise more.

Enjoy the Journey
Cheers from New Zealand
Jimu:mrcool

Luluna

Señora
Subscriber
Welcome Lilyblue - what a lovely name :)

Is there a music company that visits your school? They may even bring you a a couple student models to try out, it's worth checking :)

OP
L

lilyblue

We do not have any music companies that come to our school but I will check with the Middle School. Thanks for the suggestion. I will also check out the internet site. I do appreciate everyone for their suggestions and advice.

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!

Top Bottom