All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hi from Colorado

JStevison

Hello there,

I'm a student who has returned to college to get a degree in music education. I previously was a software engineer. It's tough going back to school at 42 but it's always been my passion.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Big welcome from me. Was saying to my wife I'd love to change to a career in music, but it's too late, I can't afford to. No regrets, I'm enjoying the cafe and the sax.

Have fun here, it's a squirrel paradise. (Lots of nuts... )

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, JStevison.

42? The answer to the ultimate question.

ENJOY! ​™

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the cafe. Ever fancied taking a sax to the edge of the canyon and finding out how good the acoustics are? ;}

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi jstevison

Welcome aboard hope you enjoy the cafe and best of luck with the re training.....John

navarro

Hi Steve and a warm welcome. Great that you are going back to study music. I think that America seems to offer a greater choice, reference a musical education.

Most colleges in the USA seem to have at least 3 grades of band. I am afraid that music is way down on the list here in the UK educational system.

I have just read a disturbing report that libraries here are going to charge members for taking out music score books if there is a disc attached.

Suddenly in my local library nearly every score you pick up has a disc attached. (London)

Best regards N.

jbtsax

Subscriber
Welcome from Springville, Utah. We are practically neighbors. Good luck on your studies in music ed. I made the same choice in 1966 when I graduated from high school and went on to teach band for 32 years before retiring in 2002. If I can help in any way, let me know. Us old farts love to share our experiences in the "trenches" with others.

Jazzaferri

Welcome to the caff. I am 62 and have one more year til I graduate with a degree in jazz performance. You are only as old as you think. For me the opportunity to interact with a bunch of young folks has been a real eye opener.

visionari1

Welcome to the cafe. Ever fancied taking a sax to the edge of the canyon and finding out how good the acoustics are? ;}
Yup Done that Taz....and can recommend it, down in the Canyon floors and mountaintops are great too!

visionari1

Welcome aboard J

There's quite a few younger and older folks around here........ what 42...you've got time to burn!

Enjoy...that's the only purpose in life at any age....I reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:

Andrew Sanders

Northern Commissioner for Caslm
Hello and welcome.
Software engineer eh? I've got a slight problem with my computer,could you perhaps come round and sort it out.
Thank you soooo much.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Yup Done that Taz....and can recommend it, down in the Canyon floors and mountaintops are great too!
Why am I not surprised, I mean if anyone's gonna do it, my money would be on you my friend! I have to ask one thing though, how can you go to somewhere like The Grand Canyon, somewhere that's got danger hiding around every rock and cactus, and yet when you go somewhere nice and "soft" like Southampton, you almost kill yourself in one fell swoop? :)))

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Hi

Welcome from Shropshire and the Border Marches. If it's any consolation I'm a Solution Architect and I would love to be doing a degree in music....

old git

Tremendous Bore
Why am I not surprised, I mean if anyone's gonna do it, my money would be on you my friend! I have to ask one thing though, how can you go to somewhere like The Grand Canyon, somewhere that's got danger hiding around every rock and cactus, and yet when you go somewhere nice and "soft" like Southampton, you almost kill yourself in one fell swoop? :)))
Soft?

Southampton?

Southampton is the UK headquarters of Hell's Angels.

Even the CaSLM are scared of them.

Saxholder Pro
Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom