support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi from Big Al the adopted northerner

Big-Al

Locality
West Yorks
Hi,

I have been snooping around on this forum for the last few weeks and you all look a friendly and knowledgable bunch so I though, I would join you. :thumb:

I currently have a rather 'clunky' student tennor sax and a PPT mouthpiece. I am hoping to upgrade the sax in the near future with something along the lines of a yanagisawa T9xx or a Yamaha YTS82 or YTS875. Any advice would be gratefully received.

Cheers Al.

Hi Al

Welcome to the cafe. :)

If you have been snooping you will have a good idea of what to expect.;}

Enjoy

Jx

Welcome aboard Al.

There'll be plenty of words of wisdom from those in the know!

Cheers,

Amanda

Hi Al

Welcome - I'm fairly new and they're fairly sociable. I'm sure you'll get plenty of ideas/advice/support from many with your queries.

What-ho Big Al. Hope you've had all your jabs now you're living in the North.
From whence have you travelled and where is your abode.
Welcome
Andrew

Welcome to the cafe. From one adopted northerner (well north of Watford anyway) to another :)

Hi Big Al, and a Big Welcome to the Cafe from the deep south of Wales - home of Snake Davis!

I have played a PPT on a Yani T901 tenor, which was a pretty good combination but I swapped it for a System 54 Sax, which I love. There are lots of good new tenor saxes out there, which are worth a look at in addition to the usual suspects - Yani/Yami and others. It partly depends on what sound you are looking for. I found my Yani a little too bright and neutral sounding - did not really fit mymental image of the sound I wanted.

I hope you have a great time in the Cafe.

Kind regards
Tom

Hi Al: Welcome from Southern Canada!! I have tried Yamaha saxes and found them very playable.. anyway welcome, this is a great web site.
Richard

Hey Hey Big Al ...

So you're a snoop are you ... ;}

Tell us all more mate ...

What did you find here that made you decide to join ...

Come on spill the beans ... :)))

Welcome to the Cafe ... :thumb:

Welcome to the caff©, Big-Al.

You any relation to the CaSLM's Big Al? He crushes coconuts in his left hand for a laugh. Never let him touch my sax.

ENJOY!

:thumb:Big welcome from me as well:thumb:

Enjoy your time in the Café

Chris

What-ho Big Al. Hope you've had all your jabs now you're living in the North.
From whence have you travelled and where is your abode.
Welcome
Andrew

Well I have been up here for nearly 20 years now so have built up some natural immunity. I live near Huddersfield so not that far from you.

Thanks for the welcome,

Al,

Hey Hey Big Al ...

So you're a snoop are you ... ;}

Tell us all more mate ...

What did you find here that made you decide to join ...

Come on spill the beans ... :)))

Welcome to the Cafe ... :thumb:

Well it is nice to know what you letting yourself in for before joining:w00t: And on the back of the responses so far I have made the right choice - thanks all for the welcome.

Al,

Hi Big Al, and a Big Welcome to the Cafe from the deep south of Wales - home of Snake Davis!

I have played a PPT on a Yani T901 tenor, which was a pretty good combination but I swapped it for a System 54 Sax, which I love. There are lots of good new tenor saxes out there, which are worth a look at in addition to the usual suspects - Yani/Yami and others. It partly depends on what sound you are looking for. I found my Yani a little too bright and neutral sounding - did not really fit mymental image of the sound I wanted.

I hope you have a great time in the Cafe.

Kind regards
Tom

I noticed that there is a system 54 dealer in Leeds so i'll get along there and have a demo. Do you use the PPT with the system 54 ok.

Thanks for the advice to look around as I really can't afford to keep replacing saxophones so I want to make the correct choice 1st time.

Thanks

Al,

There's a place in Bradford as well.... Woodwind Exchange, I think.

Welcome to the cafe Big Al :) enjoy your journey :thumb:

Back
Top Bottom