All profit supporting special needs music education and Help Musicians
Tutorials

Hi from another 'late bloomer' and 'baby boomer'!

aardvark

I've only just spotted this 'welcome' thread and have already posted a few times elsewhere in the forum since joining a few days ago. Anyway - rather belatedly - hi from Aardvark! I came to saxophone quite late in life and am making slow but fairly steady progress. I also play cello (but not vey skilfully, and am very rusty these days) and have been messing about with guitars, on and off, for years - with even less success than with the sax! I've recently got into making, and beginning to record, electronic music. What I'm hoping to do - in a modest kind of way - is to record my own music on a mixture of real instruments (sax, cello, guitar) and software synthesisers. I'll let you know how I get on. I'm a big fan of Tangerine Dream - and their amazing sax player Linda Spa - but I don't think I'll be *quite* that good for some time.....;}

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
Just wondering, how're you going to play the sax with 3 claws on each front paw?

Fraser Jarvis

Hi there from a fellow Leicester player! i to am working on some multitrac Dub stuff with a very talented guy, again from Leicester he is a multi instrumentalist who layers each instrument indevidually.... but he cant play sax..hence my being there, maybe you could come take a look one night?

TomMapfumo

Hi There, Aardvark!

A Big Welcome from the land of Snake Davis, The Ospreys, The Swans and Swansea Jazzland from the Skabertawe Horn Section. I look forward to hearing how you get on in the sax world and look forward to your contributions over the coming weeks and months.

Kind regards
Tom :thumb:

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Hi

I'm also a recent starter on sax - and also taking it slow! I also took the cello back up again late last year. Joined a local (ish - after all I do live in Shropshire where "local" means under 25 miles away!) community orchestra and had my second concert with them at a Jubilee bash on Sunday evening.

Anyway, have fun.

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome to the caff©, Aardvark.

The way to become a good saxman is through 'ard work. Bet you've never heard that before. Just off to commit suicide.

ENJOY!​™

aardvark

Hi

I'm also a recent starter on sax - and also taking it slow! I also took the cello back up again late last year. Joined a local (ish - after all I do live in Shropshire where "local" means under 25 miles away!) community orchestra and had my second concert with them at a Jubilee bash on Sunday evening.

Anyway, have fun.

Hi, thanks. Glad to hear I'm not the only madman struggling with both cello and saxophone! Do you play viols as well? I love viol music, as opposed to vile music (the old jokes are the best) :)

aardvark

Hi there from a fellow Leicester player! i to am working on some multitrac Dub stuff with a very talented guy, again from Leicester he is a multi instrumentalist who layers each instrument indevidually.... but he cant play sax..hence my being there, maybe you could come take a look one night?
Hi Fraser, good to know there's someone else here from Leicestershire. Your project sounds interesting and I'd like to have a look sometime. I haven't yet worked out how to send a personal message on this forum but we must get in touch before too long.

kevgermany

ex Landrover Nut
Subscriber
...I haven't yet worked out how to send a personal message on this forum but we must get in touch before too long.
Click on the user's name. Brings up a menu and one of the options is PM. Alternately 'notifications' at the top of every page will take you to your mail box.

Tenor Viol

Full of frets in North Shropshire
Subscriber
Hi, thanks. Glad to hear I'm not the only madman struggling with both cello and saxophone! Do you play viols as well? I love viol music, as opposed to vile music (the old jokes are the best) :)
Yes - my avatar photo shows my tenor viol and sax next to each other. My profile pic also shows my bass viol and cello as well.

Saxholder Pro

Members online

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom