Hi from an "oldie"

saxyman

Just introducing myself.
I am a retired person and recently taken up Saxophone. Started off with a TJ Horn but then moved up to a new Selmer Alto. Got interested in the Tenor and have got myself a Yamaha YTS 25 that I absolutely love.
I still have lessons with my Selmer but I go to a local school once a week and have joined a "beginners" class where I play my Tenor along with an Alto, Soprano, Baritone, 2 Clarinets and 2 Flutes all run by my music teacher, so I get the best of both worlds.
I am not a natural musician and have struggled at times, but playing with others has certainly helped my knowledge of Music/timing and confidence.
I am sure the knowledge on these pages will be of benefit to me.
Regards.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Welcome to the cafe, I wouldn't call yourself an "oldie" if I were you, the grownups don't like it!
Have loads of fun with them horn, otherwise, what's the point?

TomMapfumo

Hi saxyman, and a very warm welcome from The Skabertawe 3 Button Soprano Sax Crew, or SKABZ for short :w00t:;}

The question is: Are you a Late Bloomer, or a Post Mortgage Bloomer, or one half of a pair of Bloomers? :))):gathering:

Look forward to you contributing to discussions and feeding back on what it is like to play with the youth of today!

Kind regards
Tom:cool:

gladsaxisme

Try Hard Die Hard
Subscriber
Hi saxyman(wish I'd thought of that one)

Welcome to the cafe from sunny Manchester ,lots of us oldie bloomers on here,ENJOY...john

OP
saxyman

saxyman

Hi

I guess I am a Kentishman as I live to the West of Rochester, in the direction of good old London. I am getting a bit overawed with all the skills that are apparent on the site. I am only a RAW beginner and probably wont be able to contribute much, might be able to do so on some other obscure subject, that I may have knowledge of. But I intend to look and learn a lot.
Dave

Young Col

Hi Dave, there's lots of retired persons on here and many of all ages. It doesn't matter about age. Don't get overawed but just enjoy it. All sorts of esoteric subjects get aired here as well, so you'll be bound to find something you can contribute to.
YC

Top Bottom