support Tutorials CDs PPT mouthpieces

Hi fellow sax lovers from Birmingham U.K.

tatooandy67

Locality
Birmingham U.K.
Hi everyone @ cafe saxophone
Just a quick introduction, my name is Andy and I'm a saxaholic. I'm a complete newb to the sax although I've been a fan for many many years, I first tried a tenor several years ago by way of a rental from a local music store but unfortunately I didn't get very far, partly because the rental was a complete dog which led to frustration and in all honesty I just didn't put in enough effort so that was the end of that, or so I thought....until this year when I just turned 50 and decided it was time to scratch that itch again, I've been playing guitar since I was a young teen and I ventured into piano about 10 years ago both of which I enjoy immensely however that burning desire to play sax has always been there so for my 50th I decided it was time, so after much internet research and pondering I finally made up my mind and picked up an alto around 2 months ago, it's a Yamaha yas280 and I absolutely love it, I've started lessons and I practice every evening after work and did I say I absolutely love it, every time I pick it up it just amazes me.
(So much for a quick intro) any how hello everyone, look forward to chatting and getting to know you all and sharing the wealth of information you have on this great forum, Andy

Welcome again, enjoy your sax journey.....oh you already are doing :)

:sax::sax::sax:

Jx

Hi Andy I too had a scratch that I couldn't itch, always loved the sax got close to buying one but only this year getting one. Loving the journey so far, welcome to the Cafe, have fun and enjoy your stay ;)

Thank you all for a very warm welcome to this wonderful forum, hopefully I will be able to contribute to the wealth of knowledge and experience and maybe make some new friends along the way :thanks1:

What part of Birmingham you in?
I'm in Hall Green.

It gets smaller as you get older :)

Jx
For example, after orchestra summer school last week, I was speaking to one of the oboists in my orchestra, who said: "Oh, a friend of mine was on a summer school last week, plays oboe..." Yes, same summer school, orchestra I was playing in, and yes I know him...

Hello and welcome! I've got a Yas280 as well and I've been very happy with it. I'm so glad that I acted on my desire to play one.

Back
Top Bottom