Hi Everyone

SteveK

Just joined up as a member.
I live in Guildford, Surrey. I started playing 28 years ago but I took a looong family break and got back into it last summer. I'd like to say that I am nearly back to where I was before the break but I'm not sure where that was. It seemed easier then but I think my expectations now are higher.
I play tenor for a local orchestra - that's more for the discipline than anything - it's not really my kind of music, but they are a good crowd and it nails me down to improving my sight reading and awareness of key and tempo changes which you don't get so often in other forms of music.
I also kick around playing Blues, Jazz and Rock when I find the opportunity.
I play Yanigasawas (Alto bronze 992 and tenor silver 9930) I like them due to the quality of the sound but primarily due to their tonal and mechanical consistency.
I had Mark Vi's before and as much as I loved the sound I have to say that a more modern instrument gives better results for me as a part-timer as I get more control.
It's good to be on board. Steve.

OP
S

SteveK

Thanks for the welcome chaps.
BTW, I understand and support your concern but how will I know if they are from north of the Thames if I encounter them? I crossed the Thames at Henley once by mistake (I pulled the wrong oar) - does this work against me? :)
Steve

Young Col

Hi Steve. Welcome from the far side of Surrey (well sort of - actually 100yds inside the London border). South Londoner all my life, but after 60 years I still can't relate places in North London together. I mean, what is Haringey for?
Colin

Taz

Busking Oracle
Bloomin southerners, they get everywhere!.....I suppose a welcome is in order although coming from north of the Watford Gap (just) I don't know if we should be acknowledging you softies!! You'd probably only start sobbing into your shandy if we ignore you. So here goes........Alright then? :welldone

thehunt

Hi Steve, did not want to miss you out and say welcome to the Caff...
I moved to Essex three years ago but come from Nth west London originally but my family all live in the sarf.
" I used to dream of living in the sarf...!! "
Anway good bunch here, we may all get to meet up one day, then the dilemas start. Where????? Phil

MartinL

:confused:

mmmmm, Isn't Buckingham Palace north of the Thames? I wonder what HRH would think of the discrimination on here.. :)))

Welcome aboard, as you can see it's full of sarcastic old b*******,
We northerners cant afford the tolls to cross the river now that the stockbrokers have bankrupted the country..:)))

Have fun.

Martin

Top Bottom