SYOS

Hi Everyone

SteveK

Just joined up as a member.
I live in Guildford, Surrey. I started playing 28 years ago but I took a looong family break and got back into it last summer. I'd like to say that I am nearly back to where I was before the break but I'm not sure where that was. It seemed easier then but I think my expectations now are higher.
I play tenor for a local orchestra - that's more for the discipline than anything - it's not really my kind of music, but they are a good crowd and it nails me down to improving my sight reading and awareness of key and tempo changes which you don't get so often in other forms of music.
I also kick around playing Blues, Jazz and Rock when I find the opportunity.
I play Yanigasawas (Alto bronze 992 and tenor silver 9930) I like them due to the quality of the sound but primarily due to their tonal and mechanical consistency.
I had Mark Vi's before and as much as I loved the sound I have to say that a more modern instrument gives better results for me as a part-timer as I get more control.
It's good to be on board. Steve.

griff136

Hi Steve and welcome aboard. - I have to agree wth you re the mark VI's versus modern pro horns that are easier to control if you dont play em all the time.

nice horns BTW

www.dg-music.co.uk

old git

Tremendous Bore
Welcome Steve.
Another from stock broker belt country.
Enjoy your time here and thank you for raising the living standard of the Board, we actually have members from North of the Thames. :shocked: Of course you don't have to acknowledge them. :)

OP
S

SteveK

Thanks for the welcome chaps.
BTW, I understand and support your concern but how will I know if they are from north of the Thames if I encounter them? I crossed the Thames at Henley once by mistake (I pulled the wrong oar) - does this work against me? :)
Steve

Phil Edwards

Hi Steve, welcome to the cafe. You'll know them alright, OG will make sure of that.

Phil (ex-Surrey, now in Sussex)

Young Col

Hi Steve. Welcome from the far side of Surrey (well sort of - actually 100yds inside the London border). South Londoner all my life, but after 60 years I still can't relate places in North London together. I mean, what is Haringey for?
Colin

OP
S

SteveK

The terrible truth is that I was born 'up north' in St Albans. But went to school around Greenwich and Bexley.

Taz

Busking Oracle
Bloomin southerners, they get everywhere!.....I suppose a welcome is in order although coming from north of the Watford Gap (just) I don't know if we should be acknowledging you softies!! You'd probably only start sobbing into your shandy if we ignore you. So here goes........Alright then? :welldone

thehunt

Hi Steve, did not want to miss you out and say welcome to the Caff...
I moved to Essex three years ago but come from Nth west London originally but my family all live in the sarf.
" I used to dream of living in the sarf...!! "
Anway good bunch here, we may all get to meet up one day, then the dilemas start. Where????? Phil

MartinL

:confused:

mmmmm, Isn't Buckingham Palace north of the Thames? I wonder what HRH would think of the discrimination on here.. :)))

Welcome aboard, as you can see it's full of sarcastic old b*******,
We northerners cant afford the tolls to cross the river now that the stockbrokers have bankrupted the country..:)))

Have fun.

Martin

Saxholder Pro

Members OnlineStatistics

Help!Mailing List
Top Bottom